Prologue

A heart-rending memory flashed on my vision when I fell from the exploding sky ducts. It was as if time, like how a slug moves, slowed down because I feel that I can catch the falling, broken fragments of glasses. I swiftly grabbed my laser gun which I had dropped earlier, then aimed it against a Legion who must be planning to shoot me down. Luckily, I was first in firing laser beams. Nine continuous shots hit his snake body. His blood sprayed on my face before all objects inside the Sanctuary floated up. The galvanized iron sheets of the force field, debris of the wrecked sky ducts, drops of water from the artificial lake, the ashes created by the fire which devoured the forest — everything floated up. I guessed, Anemone had activated the Sanctuary's mainframe anti-gravity mode — which means we've been saved from falling.

Our enemy, the Legions didn't stop firing laser beams against me. They're all desperate to slay me. Fortunately, I'm quite lucky, I could avoid them. Hovering in the air that sickened my thoughts after I peeked below. The blast of siren echoed throughout the corners of Sanctuary and it is a distress call that theirs danger happening in this outer space station.

"Normalizing the atmospheric pressure. Security level 3 is observed. Firewall will shut down in three... two... one!" The Sanctuary's virtual assistant gave a public address before it returned the Santuary's normal gravity. It was if death sipped and swallowed my whole body. From the air, each of us fell, together with the other objects. Time ticked fast again and then I plummeted down on the stream's deepest part. I felt like my back was battered by water when I sank down on its depth.

Breathless.

Anxious.

Once again, the never-fading nostalgia haunted my sight. It was fine morning in our kingdom. Mother, father and Elder Nebula exerted me to the palace's citadel.

This memory suddenly became vivid in my sight.

And this is it... This is how the legend started.

***

"Castor, please! Don't do this to our son, he can't still ma—" Even before my mother finished her pleading, father shut her down.

"Cassiopeia, our son is in right age. He's now tested by our gods and goddesses." My father, the king, gave me a venomous stare, and then he started comforting my mother, who cannot stop being restless due to her worries.

I didn't let emotions take over me. Instead, I faced and tried to fight back against the glare from my father's emerald eyes. In my mind, I want to rebuke my father. Even long before, he never showed care and took notice of me despite all of the good things I've done. He's a good leader to his subjects but he's deficient as a husband and father towards his family. I loathe him. He's opposite to my deceased grandfather who was very reliable and always been there for me when he was still alive. The relationship between my father and I is as cold as ice which made me wonder if he ever loved me as his only son.

Father held my shoulders and blabbered those irritating words which he had always been preaching me since I was child. "Orion Tudor II, son, be brvae when facing the tests given by our gods. You're the future of our house, protector of our planet and our colonies!"

This man is a douche!

I pretended to listen my father's teachings and the expected flaring of my heart and conviction didn't happen. I couldn't help it. I avoided meeting those green eyes which I inherited from him.

If it will be observed closely, it could be said that my father and I are like a watermelon fruit cut-in-half. All the symmetrical angles of his face had been passed to me. Perfect eyebrows, snow-like complexion and a heart-shape face. The only difference is on how father ornate his mustache and beard around his neck and chin, that I don't have.