VI : Saturn Pryor

"Nice to meet you, brother." A teen guy with a snappy built and well-posture greeted me. "I'm Saturn Pryor, seventeen years old, from Planet Jinkai." I accepted his hands and then we shake together as if we're in the phase of getting-to-know-you. I scanned the name of the boy that is sewn on the chest of his clean, white uniform.

"Pollux, Pollux Celestial." I replied.

"By the way, I am the one who is assigned by Reverend Astronomiya to guide you here in Sanctuary."

"Oh I see. Thanks then." I found myself amusing and different for this day because this is the first time that I have expressed my gratitude towards in a commoner.

"I'll give you guidance for the whole week upon staying here in the Sanctuary. I will answer all your questions and explain your responsibilities to our home until the Tri-Polar Eclipse comes."

"How many months are left before the eclipse?"

"Hmmm... I think, three and a half? I actually don't know the exact number of remaining days I have in this world. You know brother, it's not my thing to monitor the calendar, if it's only reminding me the date when I'll die. Pardon me for that, brother."

I bite my tongue after hearing his righteous reply.

The Tri-Polar Eclipse is an annual phenomenon here at Parthenon Galaxy which is believed to be accompanied by a supernatural occurrence. It happens when the shadows of the twin planets, Exilon and Chrome, become one while also obscuring the sun. It is the perfect alignment of those planets in their orbits with the sun. According to the dead-tales of the myth, this was when the first galactic rage of war happened. The day marks the start of the summer solstice in the kingdom of planet Chrome while it's the opposite in the kingdom of planet Exilon which is the beginning of winter solstice. It is the day when all humans of this Galaxy start fasting to purify their souls. It is also the fated day when all the demons who will be celebrating their eighteenth birthday. In brief, Tri-Polar Eclipse is the day of life offerings and soul sacrifices of demon children. Because of this, I can relate what Saturn had said to me. It is better not to worry about the remaining days that they have to live in this cruel world of fanatics. 

"So when we're going to eat?"

"Later. After you'll hear the continuous ringing of the bells and that will be the signal when everyone must take their meals. Why? Are you hungry, brother?" I nod. "Oh, If that so, we should head right now to the castle, so when the address is heard, we will be in the front of the line."

Looking at him closely, I was haunted by the feeling of uneasiness. This guy said that he came from planet Jinkai but his accent is clearly not a Jinkish. Planet Jinkai is one of four colonies of Chrome and I have been there before. As a matter of fact, I was born on that planet that's why I know the accent of every Jinkish. I'm  very familiar with their cultures. I doubt this guy. Was he lying to me?

***

Ten continuous blasts of the bell are served as the reminder that it's time for the demons to eat their breakfast. All of us went to the castle to get our food provisions. For the very first time in my life, I experienced lining up with the commoners just to get the food ration given by a female Pillar in the galley. She cold-handed a tray of food in my trembling hands as I suffered from three days of escaping meals. I couldn't help but remember how I used to be the one served by my servants whenever I eat in the toast. Unfortunately, that was before. As my wheel-of-fortune gone down, from now on, I will have to line up just to have something to fill in my stomach. The food is even covered in the metal platter and when I checked the meal, I saw something which seems to be very unappetizing. So gross! I couldn't help to spit my tongue out of the shell. So horrific to experience, my hunger makes me crave for it. I almost want to take a bite but Saturn stopped me.