Proposal

"I'm freaking out a little, I don't know how to do this. What if she says no?" I ask Liam. He was the one who always helped me with Jamea as kids and so he was the only one I could think to go to.

    "It'll be fine. You two have been for how long? 7 years?" he states.

    "Almost 8 years, actually." I correct him.

    "Exactly, and you two have been living together since you moved to L.A., so the chances she says 'Yes' are really high," he says confidently. I know he's right, but I'm just terrified that she's gonna be expecting it to happen here... I just have to do it.

    "Okay, tomorrow night," I state, "we'll go on one of our midnight walks down on the beach and that's when I'll pop the question." When I'm done Liam smiles, he has probably been waiting for this longer than I have.

    He smiles and says, "You can do it, just stay calm and make it seem like it's like any other walk you've gone on. I mean you two have gone on a lot of walks already, she can't be expecting to happen tonight either." I really love her and I just want her to know how much. She's really cool, and smart, and she still gives me butterflies. I'm glad that we can get this vacation together.

------------------

    The next day we just spend it around the house again. I want it to be her idea to go on one of our walks, that way she doesn't suspect it.

------------------

    It's around 11 when she suggests it, "we should get out of here and go for a walk, don't you  think?" I smile, jump up, and say "Yeah, especially tonight, since it's so pretty out. Just let me go put a jacket, I'll grab yours too." As I run up the steps and grab our jackets, Liam pops out and gives me the ring and the box. As I run back down the steps I hear Liam say 'Yay!' and I don't think he meant for me to hear it. I run back down the steps and meet Jamea just outside the house. I give her the jacket and we start walking.

    We walk for about an hour, picking up shells that look pretty intricate along the way. We step into the water at one point and both decide not to go into the water at night anymore... way too cold! Finally, we just sit and look at the stars, all of them. It's more than gorgeous, it's indescribable. The island owner must have known that, since he shut the lights off on the island at midnight exactly.

    Jamea finally breaks the silence that has been there since we sat down to look at the stars, by asking, "we should start heading back, shouldn't we?"

    I respond by saying "Sure, but lets take the long way there, through the garden. Is that okay?"

    I start to panic as we get closer to the garden. Jamea doesn't notice my odd behavior, thank god, but she will when we get into the garden.

    We're about halfway through the garden when I start to lag behind and look at all of the flowers. They sure do have a lot of flowers here, and with the stars overhead, I think this is the perfect place to do this. I drop onto one knee and cough. She turns around and gasps as she sees the ring in the box, I already know how hard I'm blushing.

    "Will you, Jamea, make me the happiest person ever and say 'Yes?'" I ask, as I see she starts to cry, hopefully tears of joy.

    "Of course I will you goofball," she says as she tries to hug me, but we both just wind up falling backwards, laughing the whole time. I kiss her and we both stand up and start walking back to the house. The butterflies are still there... but they're not as bad as before.

    We walk in and tiptoe up the steps into the room and lay down.