19 | hazelnut and pecan

All the best people are crazy.

-Melanie Martinez-
________________________

It's going to start really going down :D I'm so excited, but you'll probably hate me after this chapter lool. Also, don't forget to vote, it helps me know people are actually interested in what I'm writing x.
________________________

- L I L A -

Gloria walked passed me with a scowl on her face, her blue eyes eyes almost piercing through me with how much contempt she felt for me.

I scoffed, unaffected by her behaviour towards in me, and glanced around the cafeteria to look for Matthew. Isaac came up to me, providing me with a small smile.

"Matthew went to lunch with Greg."

I frowned slightly, beginning to walk to the line with Isaac. "Are you two on speaking terms?"

Isaac smoothed down the hair at the nape of his neck, his azure eyes glancing at me with a sad undertone. "He doesn't even acknowledge me anymore," he shrugged, taking a bottle of still water. "I guess he's staying true to his words."

It was only then I actually took the time to realise Isaac no longer had a bruise on his face, and I found myself wondering how Matthew managed to land such a precise hit.

"He'll either come around eventually," I sighed, grabbing a plate of food. "Or he won't. It's pretty hard to forgive what you did."

Isaac frowned and bit his bottom lip softly, sitting down at a random empty table. "It's what I deserve, so I don't pity myself." He admitted, breathing out a gentle breath. "I just miss him being my best friend."

I placed a hand on his shoulder, giving him a sympathetic look. "On the bright side, we're friends, right?"

He grinned at me, covering my hand with his. "Right."

---

Matthew was sprawled out against the grass, the sun shining down on him and casting a warm glow to his face. Greg was leaning against the bark of the tree, glancing down at the girls that surrounded them.

Yasmine halted in her steps and released a sigh. "I'm going to go find Riley. Say hi to Matthew for me."

I watched her go, my attention soon going back to Matthew. He seemed uninterested in what the cheerleaders were saying and fumbled with the strings of his hoodie.

As I walked up to him, I noticed one of Gloria's friends, Hannah, looking at me with an annoyed look. "Your girlfriend's here, Matt."

Matt?

He stood up and brushed off his jeans. He reached out for my hand, pulling me into a hug. "I've missed you." He dug his nose into the crook of my neck, wrapping his arms around me.

I grinned against his collarbone, leaning back and kissing his lips. He smiled mid-kiss, threading a hand through my red hair.

Conscious of the fact that people were around us, I pulled back, caressing his cheekbone with my thumb. Hannah stared at me with a bored expression plastered on her face.