Chapter 4:

HARRY'S POV

I sat on the edge of my bed waiting for Hadley to return from getting the bandages. I still cant believe that she actually kissed me, I mean, I thought she hated me. Her pink, full lips had tasted sweet and were so soft. I felt them mold into mine the second I placed my lips on hers.

It seemed like she was taking forever to get the bandages and with every passing second, the room seemed to grow more quiet, the only audible sounds were the tortured screams of the other patients and the screaming voices in my mind.

I had been at Ashwood for only a few days but I already felt like I was going insane. It literally took all of my strength to not have a mental breakdown on the spot.

It had been at least five minutes and Hadley still hadn't returned. I stood up from my position on the thin, uncomfortable mattress and stretched my aching muscles.

As I extended my arms, I felt an overpowering burning sensation in my arms and immediately knew what it was. I brought my arms back down to my sides and lifted one of my sleeves. The cuts I had made had grown puffy and red. The bleeding had long since stopped but the pain I had inflicted upon myself still dwindled.

Just as I pulled down my sleeves, Hadley returned. She had a small basket with some rubbing alcohol, bandages, and a few other medical things that I couldn't see.

She walked in the direction of the desk that sat in the corner of the room. It invisible if you looked in from the bars because it was tucked away. It had a small window above it that had the same metal bars covering the surface that the doors had.

Hadley proceeded to place the small white basket on the paint chipped desk and motioned me over to her.

As I approached her, she pulled the small chair away from the desk, assuming I would sit in it, but instead I hovered over her. When I stood, my height loomed over her small figure.

"Harry sit down," She said, giggling. I bent down to lower myself on the chair and placed a quick peck on her lips in the process.

Once I was seated, she pulled a small vile of clear liquid and made me pull up my sleeves.

"This is probably going to sting a little," She said as she poured a small amount onto a little white cotton strip. She brought it down to where it was hovering just a few millimeters above my arm and hesitated before placing the small strip against my tan skin. 

HADLEYS POV

I watched Harry's face contort in pain as I placed the thin cotton strip against the self inflicted wounds. He sucked in a sharp breath and slowly released it as he adjusted to the feeling of the anti-bacterial chemical against his skin. His angelic features returned to normal as he spoke.

"So Hadley, is it possible you could stay the night in this small piece of hell?" He smirked and I knew what he had in mind.

"Actually, no. Ms. Lewis comes by and looks in each patients room after they're asleep to make sure nothings going on." I sighed and returned to cleaning the small wounds.

"I know she does, how do you think I knew when to do this?" He asked, motioning towards his wrists with his head, a few stray curls falling loose in the process.

"Harry its just not possible. I'm expected to walk through those doors at seven in the morning each morning and leave at seven in the evening each evening. Harry, I just...its not possible, I'm sorry." I finished my sentence at the same time I finished cleaning his wounds.

"Well then I guess I just have to take you right here in broad daylight, maybe on this desk even." He pondered the option to himself.

"Take me? What do you mean ta-" I paused mid-sentence and gasped at what he was implying, " Harry, we are not going to have sex on this desk or here in broad daylight! Maybe not even at all!" My cheeks were flaming and I knew he saw it too.