What I'm Supposed To Do

Karma Pov

I sat outside with Bill to get me a job here in London. He already filled out my application online before I came. Now all I have to do is the interview. The man stepped out his office shaking a woman's hand before spotting us.

"Well you must be Karma," the man said, "Come and have a seat."

Bill motioned for me to go in. Well I guess he is staying out here. I walked into the office as the man closed the door. I looked at his desk and saw it had Steven Mitchell on his desk.

"So Mrs.Fields have you had any experience," he said sitting down.

"No sir but that's what I'm here for," I said crossing my legs slowly, "See no one is going to hire me if I don't have experience right?"

"Right," Mr.Mitchell said nodding.

"But if no one gives me a chance then I'll never have experience," I uncrossed my legs and leaned forward squinting my eyes, "would you do the honors of hiring me first."

I held out my hand. He shook it and smiled, "Well call you to let you know."

I walked out and saw Bill stand up. I linked arms with him and smiled. When we got into his car I thought about August. I face timed him and it started ringing. He answered in the first ring.

"Hello," his glowing skin glowed mire than ever. His tattoos was so shiny. He had gotten a line up since before I saw him.

"Hello," he said again with his eyes closed waking me out of the trance.

"Hey Aug," I said bubbly. He slowly opened his eyes and when he saw me he started smiling.

"Hey, what cha been up to," he said using his accent. He turned me on even in a face time.

"Num just got back from a interview," I said plainly, "why are you still sleep it's two o'clock."

He laughed at me and moved around in the camera,"We seven hours apart baby girl it's nine o'clock."

I laughed. I guess I forgot we had different time zones. It didn't feel like we had different time zones though.

"Hey, have you talked to Yaya and Corahn," I said eating a "chip" that Bill just handed to me. August shook his head.

"Not since the day you left," August's face started to get this big ass grin on his face.

"Guess what Kam," he said sitting up and leaning into the camera.

"What?"

"I got signed to a record deal" he said holding up a paper grinning.

"Aww congratulations babe," I said pretending to hug him.

He laughed. I heard a voice and then I saw August's grandma. She didn't see me until I said something.

"Hi Ms. Sandy," she looked started but then saw me on the screen. She always liked me but August's mom. Not so much.

"Oh hey Karma," she said looking into the phone. I laughed because you can tell she doesn't know what's happening.

"Bye August," I said waving "bye Ms.Sandy"

I turned of the camera and saw Bill looking at me. He nodded at the phone before looking back onto the road.

"Who was that" he said turning a corner.

"My boyfriend August," I sighed all dramatically.

"You know if you miss him you can go back," he said pulling into a driveway and turning to me.

"No," I said looking out the window, "this is what I'm supposed to do."

Hey loves. Okay so idk if dat was August's grandma's . And I just wanted to say I love yall but my phone is going dead. Lol okay imma hurry up.

4 votes....