III

After making puppets all night, Sasori got up from his worktable to look for his sister, concerned something bad happened to her. He exited the house quickly after looking in the other rooms for her and felt relieved when he saw her sleeping outside. A little smile appeared on his face as he approached his little sister and it grew wider as he saw how innocent she looked.“Kallisto! Wake up!” he placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Ten more minutes, please..." She forgot she had fallen asleep near the house, too tired to get inside.

"Not even five minutes!" Sasori demanded. Ten minutes were too much for him to wait, even though he loved her and she was all the family he had left, besides his grandmother.

"Fine,” she got up and looked in his eyes, wanting to know why her brother didn’t let her sleep more. Perhaps he didn’t want me to catch a cold. Asking him would do no harm.”So, why did you wake me up?”

"I am hungry and I don't like to be kept waiting,” he answered sincerely while heading to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. He wouldn’t let that difficult task in Kallisto’s hands because then, he wouldn’t eat at all. She was not a good cook.

"What's up with all that blood on your clothes? Have you been practicing your medical ninjutsu?" He asked while putting the plates on the table.

”Yes,” she looked at her clothes and saw the blood stains. She got lost in her own thoughts when she remembered her last unspoken words before she fell asleep. She had been too reckless to even think about it, to see her father, but she had all the rights to do so. She would be careful so that Sasori wouldn’t find out the truth and she would teleport herself to Konoha. Yes, that’s a good idea.

"So did you make any progress?" Sasori sat down and began to eat. She looked a little surprised when he asked that. A progress? "I think... I mean I am not sure if I can call it a progress but..."

“Enough with these words,” he raised his voice a little and she looked with wide eyes at him,” You have been saying the same thing since you started to study the human body and you have never thought you would get so far. You can regenerate your tissues, not so fast but you still can. That can be clearly called a progress. I don’t see why you don’t trust yourself...”

It’s because I am hiding the truth. You were supposed to know this, but...No, I cannot disrespect my mother’s wish.”I’m sorry. You are right, I should be a little more confident,” she smiled at him and he did the same.

"I will turn myself into a puppet..." The puppeteer stated but never got the chance to finish his sentence.”It is too dangerous. You have never performed this technique before...”

"Please don't tell me to think about another option and consider it. Trust me. I can do this.” Sasori reassured her. Kallisto kept quiet. She knew better than arguing with her brother because that couldn’t change his mind. Nothing could.

“I will go for a walk. I am sorry for not waiting for you to finish eating, but I need some fresh air,” the girl got up and headed towards the door, only to be stopped by her brother’s words.”Are you ok? You barely touched your food...You know you can tell me if there’s something on your mind...” I wish I could…

“I am fine, I am just not hungry. Don’t be concerned about me,” she left and started to run away from the house, looking around to find a place from where she couldn’t be seen so she would teleport herself near the village gates. After doing that, she made some hand signs and transformed herself in a not very tall girl with long black her and black eyes, dressed like a normal villager. She chuckled at her creativity and passed the gates. Two men were here to guard but they were not paying attention. A smile appeared on her face when she thought how easy she ‘infiltrated’ in Konoha.