Prologue

* 12 years ago *

Sasori’s mother was sitting on the sofa, watching carefully how her husband was playing with her three-year-old son. She loved him dearly and would protect him from anything as long as she could. At least, that’s what a good mother would do.

All of a sudden, the brunette remembered that she had to meet him, the one who would help her fulfill her so-called goal, even thought she didn’t have one, exactly. The woman wanted to have fun and power. Her husband wasn’t enough for her, so she was cheating on him with richer and more powerful ninjas. Living in a bigger house and having lots of money were on her wish list, too. She liked neither working hard nor doing missions.

The kunoichi hid a smile with her hand when she thought about that one and their meeting. She liked because he had a better financial situation and was more powerful. He made her feel alive and she also could use him. It was better than nothing, after all.

Fortunately, Chiyo was at a meeting with Ebizō and the other elders so the brunette wouldn’t have to face her mother-in-law and see the look on her face when she told them she wanted to go outside. Old women are not easy to fool and she knew that. Also, her husband wouldn’t offer to go with her because someone had to look after their child

“I will go for a walk,” she got up and looked at her husband with innocent eyes. She knew he wouldn’t resist, that’s why she had done it.

The man got up, letting Sasori play alone and headed towards her. He looked back at her with loving eyes and then she knew his answer.”Take care of you,” he kissed her on the cheek. She nodded shyly and smiled, turning around and leaving. If only he had known what kind of wife he had.

As she exited her neighborhood, a gust of wind hit her. The woman stopped for a bit to admire the surroundings. She had always liked it and thought it was stunning, but she couldn’t spend precious time just sitting and watching. She had to do something. Despite that fact, she took a moment to admire the landscape before her eyes. The sun’s rays were shinning beautifully, there weren’t many clouds in the sky and it was hot, really hot actually. Maybe too hot for clothes...

In a matter of time, she found herself almost at the village gates. The kunoichi walked casually. She watched the people who were outside and couldn’t help but wonder why they were satisfied with their situation, why they didn’t want more. Was she the only one who wanted to have a better life and who would do anything for it? Time was passing incredibly fast while she was thinking.

  In a couple of minutes, the Sand kunoichi exited her village and sped up, knowing she had to be there on time because she didn’t want him to wait for her. She imagined him sitting there, waiting for her and she got extremely hot. Like the weather was against her. The wind started to blow strongly and sand was getting into her eyes. She cursed because she forgot about this meeting...Damn it!  How could I?

After running at full speed for a while, she succeeded to arrive without being late. All things have a price and being on time has its own: she was exhausted, but she didn’t doubt he would make her feel better. The brunette remembered how much she had waited for this meeting and she had wanted to come earlier and have more time for them...or for her trick...

It was lucky for him that he was aware of what she wanted, but had never done a thing that would show her this. He waited in silence and smirked when he sensed her chakra.

She saw him and started smiling. Let the game begin. She kind of missed him. They said it was better not to meet after short periods of time, so her husband wouldn’t suspect anything. It was a little bit strange for a Sand kunoichi to meet a Leaf shinobi and they had to be cautious. But who cared? He had money, he was handsome...

“Long time no see,” she said approaching him like a predator was approaching its prey. She had no idea it was completely different.

He smiled back, studying her from head to toe, and then replied “I agree.” He kissed her and caressed her cheek. He looked deep down into her eyes, like he tried to see her soul. “You are aware that you have a three-year-old son and a husband waiting for you home, aren't you?”

 ‘I'm quite aware but that doesn't stop me from doing this’ she said and kissed him, wrapping her arms around his neck. He deepened the kiss and continued like this until he pushed her against a tree. She didn’t complain about it. They stopped to breath and looked in each other’s eyes. He kissed her neck until he found her weak spot, starting to bite it and lick the red liquid. She was enjoying this far too much and her blood began to boil. The kunoichi was sure there would appear bruises but that didn’t matter because she’d cast her Appearance Technique and it would look like nothing happened.

On the other hand, he didn’t care about her at all. He wouldn’t lose anything if he had a little fun and she clearly wanted this to happen, too. This woman was just an affair for him, something he could get rid of when he got bored. After all, lots of women wanted him, even though they were married, just like this one.

They kept going like that for hours, until the day became night and they had to stop. She didn’t want to leave him, but she had to go home. They got dressed and made themselves presentable because letting people suspect anything was not an option.

She kissed him quickly and smiled. “I have to go... See you soon.” She left him there without looking back and headed home without shame or regrets for what she had done.

“See you,” he muttered for himself and smiled a bit, amused by her excuse. Like he believed she was going where she said. For him, she wasn’t more than a woman who would give herself to anyone just in order to achieve her goal. He would never love women like this one, who would cheat on their husbands if they found someone better.

The brunette didn’t figure out that he was using her until he hadn’t come to their meetings. Too bad for her she found out when it was too late: she got pregnant.