II

Kallisto has never had a good stamina and has already started to feel exhausted after running for some hours. Sasori seems fine...she saw her brother out of the corner of her eye.”Can we stop for a moment? Just to catch my breath...” the girl looked at him with pleading eyes, hoping he would agree.

“There’s an abandoned house. I am sure you can resist ten more minutes,” he looked at her to see if she was ok and could resist until there and if they needed to stop. He had been worrying about her state since their parents died. Even though he said he was sure she would be fine, he still had his doubts.

“Thank Kami! How did you...” she asked casually. She knew that her brother wouldn’t get mad at her for asking questions without thinking.

“Well, I wouldn't have left the village if I hadn’t known...”

“Where to go,” Kallisto took the words out of his mouth. Sasori was right, but she was too tired to think at that moment.

“Why have you asked...” her brother was about to ask, but she interrupted him again.”Sorry. I’m not in the mood to analyze things as always...” she sighed.

Looks like she’s really exhausted, but we’re almost there. Sasori thought and looked at her again. Concern could be easily read in his eyes.”There it is.” The girl hasn’t even heard her brother. She figured out that they arrived when she couldn’t move anymore. Chakra strings.”Why use them on me?”

“I told you we arrived and you didn’t stop. Quite simple,” he removed the strings and headed towards the door. It’s just because I’m tired...

“Are you coming or not?”

“No. I’ll stay here a little longer. You know me pretty well...” She looked at her brother and smiled genuinely.

“Of course I do...” Sasori sighed at her habit and entered the house. He knew there’d be hours until she would decide to come in too.

Probably he’ll make more puppets. We need to be prepared if the Sand ninjas will come to look for us... I feel sorry for him...To be stuck with such a lazy sister like me, who’s lying to him...

Kallisto sat under a tree and started to admire the surroundings. The landscape is truly beautiful. She found the nature to be like a giant body, which needs every single one of its elements to function properly. To her, it was all about medicine. The trees might be the lungs along with the leaves which were exactly like some alveoli...The water might be the blood, flowing endlessly through its massive veins...

Sasori exited the house to go check on his sister. He had to make sure she would be fine because he couldn’t afford to lose the only one close to him. His parents were more than enough. He soon spotted her and headed towards the place she was. A small smile appeared on his face as he saw her sleeping peacefully. He decided after a while of looking at her to let her sleep outside. The puppeteer looked one more time at her and went back to his work.

After a couple of hours, Kallisto opened her eyes slowly. I think I still need to train, she thought, getting up. Well, let's start with the basics. She trained on basic things until she got bored and thought that a break would do no harm. She sat again under the tree and recalled for her memories.

* Flashback *

“I hate doing this! I am not in the Academy anymore! I am a genin now! I want to learn some new techniques...” the little girl complained. Her brother was used to it. It happened almost every time they were training.

Their mother watched them and decided to show herself when she heard her daughter. “The basics are very important, sweetheart. If you know them perfectly, you will be able to do a lot of things. Always start with them because they are the mother of every technique."

* End of flashback *

I guess I practiced them enough, mom.  She wanted to become legendary. Like over a century there would be some ninjas that’d know about her and what she had done. She would love that to happen. But then, there was something that bothered her every time she thought that. What would be the point if she wasn’t still alive to enjoy those things? She wanted to live forever...to be eternal...like Sasori’s art...

The kunoichi shook her head, trying to clear her mind and forget about the previous thoughts. She grabbed a kunai from her pocket and cut her wrist. She was not suicidal, that was how she practiced her technique and tried to make it perfect. She had to stop the bleeding and heal herself fast.  No opponent would wait for you to think "Oh...so what should I do next?" Her blood was flowing slowly. It was hard to regenerate veins, let alone some vital organs.

After a couple of hours and lots of cuts, Kallisto slowly sat down under the same tree. Going inside their new home seemed too much for her at that moment. She looked up at the stars and then admired her surroundings. She would definitely want to be able to see those things far more than how long a human life lasts...She’d want to become immortal.

Probably we are tagged as missing-nins now, but who cares? We can do whatever we want. Maybe tomorrow I will make a progress with my techniques or... I will go see my father. I mean, not talk to him or anything else, just to see him in flesh and bones. We are near Konoha anyway.