IV

Kallisto placed her hand on a tree and rested a little to calm down."Where have you been?"She heard someone and turned around, afraid of whoever it might be. She was relieved when she saw her brother standing a few feet away from her. I haven’t even heard him.”You need to stop doing that,” I giggled. “You scared me.” 

“Well, I am sorry for that,” he smiled a little and then came closer to her.”Now, about my question,” he demanded an answer. He suspects something. Now try to look a little more convincing.

“I was walking around the house, admiring the surroundings. What about you?” She was nervous he would find out. He always does when he wants to. The girl placed her hand on his shoulder to make him believe it was nothing to worry about and she felt something too hard to be human skin through the material of the clothes he was wearing. .”You did that technique!” She was surprised and happy her brother was ok.

“And it was a success,” Sasori smiled genuinely at her. Kallisto hugged him like her life depended on it.”I am so glad you are ok,” she said crying, but this time there weren’t tears of sadness. She was truly happy she was alive and she had her brother.

“I will work on a new human puppet,” he said after a couple of minutes of quietness.

“Right...We can do whatever we want now,” she said for herself. Kallisto have never liked the missions they got when they were living in Suna. Sure, they received money, but nothing could make their parents return.”Maybe I will do something, too.”

“I know that face...What are you planning to do?” Sasori’s smile grew wider.

“I’ll improve my technique. I want to regenerate vital organs, not some cuts on my wrist and I want to do it quickly,” she explained.

“Define quickly,” her brother asked, not really sure he wanted to know.

“Ten or twenty seconds...I don’t know, even less,” she wasn’t sure that was possible.

“Well, I trust you and I think you are able to do that so you need to try hard, Kallisto,” Sasori wanted his sister to see how much he trusted her and give her more confidence in herself.

After that, the puppeteer walked in the house, probably to his work desk and the girl sat down under a tree. She deserved a long break after all she had been through. She wondered why the Suna ninjas didn’t come after them, because they were not hidden at all. The ninjas could've found them really fast if they tried. Later, she figured out that she should stop wasting her time thinking and should start practicing.

Mom, I think I don't need to start with basics, but I promise I will repeat them once in a while. I hope you are proud of us. I mean not proud that we’ve left the village and have become rogue ninjas, but because we’ve become stronger. I miss you so much...

* Flashback *

"What?! Damn you White Fang of Konoha!" She and her brother heard their grandmother yelling. After that she kept telling them that mother and father will come soon, but the children found out that their parents won’t be back...

* End of flashback *

Tears rolled down her cheeks at the sad memory of their parents’ death. May they rest in peace. She wiped the tears away, got up, grabbed a kunai from her pocket and cut her wrist. Her other hand glowed green and she stopped the bleeding before she regenerated the tissues. I was hard enough to do that slowly, let alone in a few seconds. She tried again and again, but the routine was exhausting and after several cuts she started to regenerate faster than usual. Not as fast as she wanted but still faster than normal. Kallisto ran to her brother to tell him about her progress.

"Sasori! I healed myself faster! It is a progress, a small one...but it is! Oh my Kami I am so excited, you were right! I can do this!" She yelled excited and full of happiness and hugged him.

"Well done," he hugged her back, happy for his sister.

"I am going to train so..." Her vision started to get blurry, probably because of the blood loss. She put one of her hands on the wall so she wouldn’t fall on the floor.

"What happened? Kallisto? Are you ok?" She succeeded to make her brother happy, but also worried.

"Yes, I am fine. I should rest before training again,” she barely stood on her feet.

"You should get some rest. Let me take you to the bed," Sasori, helped her get to a room. She assumed it was the only bedroom in this little house. It wasn’t very big, but it was enough for her. The bed had been made carefully, like it had been expecting her to come. The small window let the moon’s rays light the bedroom. It was a pretty one. If it is the only bedroom in this house, where will Sasori stay?

"You shouldn’t be worrying about the bed. I don't need to sleep," he smiled and helped her sit on the bed. Those were the only times when she saw him smile and she wondered why he doesn’t do that more often.

“Rest now. You have more time to train than you need and you should be careful about the blood loss.” Kallisto nodded, knowing her brother was right. "I am going to work now. Do not try to get up."

"Ok. Have fun," she laughed as he walked out of the room, leaving the door open.

A wide smile appeared on her face. He really wants to keep an eye on me.