First Sight

Where it all starts 

Gentle breeze stroked her cheek, rustling of leaves on tall trees. Glittering bright sun. She sat by the window, absorbing the beauty. "Come on, or you will be late." A voice spoke behind. The young girl turned to see her maid, with a lonely smile. The young girl approaches  the maid "I will only be gone for a little while, and in no time I will return as a new, more....err what's that word." the maid looked up and chuckled "Yes, well lets hope when you return you can find them words." both of them laughed. "Well, Erica. It's your time to shine, do the best you can. Make us all proud." They exchanged a heartwarming hug. Both with watery eyes. Erica sighed, let go of the maid; went to pick up the bag that has been packed and walked towards the main doors. Just as she was about to walk past the giant gates of her home, the home she will surly miss but most of all the people in it. Primarily the maids, cooks and staff she gave them all a big smile and waved. Looked forward, and proceeded to move on. No more turning back, no more going to be a child, she is going to be something much bigger.

So many girls bundled in front of the frosted castle doors, emblazoned with two white swans. Little Pixies of all the colours in the rainbow, doing final checks on all the Evers. The magnificent prospect left her speechless, the dazzling pinks and blues bouncing off the beautiful building made it so worth arising from a flower which was a new experience that should never to be spoken off. She glanced around at the people who where going to be in her class, they were already forming friendships and laughing. With a sigh, Erica turned back to the frosted doors. Which began to open. All the girls walked gracefully, with their thin, shaved, shiny legs. Graceful hand movements and perfect smiles. Looks like they don't need to come here at all  Erica thought with a smirk, as she followed into the enormous frosted doors.   "Welcome new students." spoke a dazzling woman, wearing a dress which copied the blue and pink colours "Welcome, to the school for good." The way in which she spoke glowed, not having to raise her voice but all could hear. All the girls proceeded to take out glittering golden tickets, Erica started to rummage through her tight pockets for that ticket I did take it I swear  starting to panic as she pattered, looked and searched for the ticket. She paused to see all eyes on her, a sigh left her lips for relief and embarrassment. She pulled out the shimmering ticket from her back pocket, a little bit creased by the corner.

Everyone was walking in single file towards the main entrance. The burst of energy that was flying. Erica was noticing the high hills, large fairy tale sculptures and flowers bursting with glitter. Arriving into the palace, was walking into a solid form of rainbow. Marble floors with eccentric carvings on the top. Paintings of the fairy tales promoting Good's favour, the successful stories in renaissance, framed in thick gold. Erica was swiftly moving forwards to collect her time-table. The handwritten golden calligraphy, made Erica realize just how brisk her past 17 years have been to lead up to this moment. She thanked the teacher and headed over to her allocated dorm.  

 Erica looked out the window from her new room, the sight was astonishing. So high up, with the never ending forest in clear view. Birds so far, yet can be seen riding of into the distance. Erica let out a big smile, all off it just sunk in. The school, colours, teachers becoming so real. If only her maid could see all this- "Ahem." a voice from behind "Looks like we are roommates...pleasure to meet you." the voice sounded stern, with a touch of disgust. Erica turned to a girl no older than herself, shoulder length pastel pink hair, pale skin and upturned green eyes. She was short compared to Erica. However the girl possessed a tiny waist and skinny limbs. Erica shown a light smile "Pleasure to meet you. I'm Erica." 

"Erica-Who?" spoke the mousy girl.

"Well, Erica of Dream-Jewel. And you are?"

"Daughter of whom? I like to know status." she ordered.

"Daughter of....Sandman." Erica said in a quiet voice, but loud enough for the girl to hear.

A high pitch harsh laughter, which was ear-splitting for passers by. Which Erica covered her ears so tight it hurt more. The voice calmed down into a snicker, the small girl wiping her tears with a napkin she had been hiding. The girl stood upright, showing a serious expression "I am Tiana of Barley, daughter of Thumbelina." she spoke with such high pride. Erica still experiencing a slight buzz in her ears. Moments pass as Tiana unpacks, Erica glimpses at the full-length, stretched mirror. In which she looks at the pink, tea-length dress, with shoulder frills and sparkly gems. It did not feel right, the fabric felt too light and the bow-tie felt too tight this is turning into a Goldilocks problem. At least my hair works with the dress  she thought while unwinding the bun, lush golden hair released stopping at her waist; shimmering in the light, reflecting on each strand. Looking closer she let a faint smile, however averted the moment she locked eyes with herself. Turned and walked away from the mirror.