Blue Forest

Steady walk into the forest. The waves of sapphire, navy and teal painted in every crook and cranny of leaves, trees and strands of grass. Extensive branches reaching from above, swirled wide vines at every corner. Hefty over grown statues of respected creatures and spirits, decay under the weather elements. 

Twinkles of blue light spreads over the endless paths, the centaur leads with heavy hoofs. He raises a hand to signal a halt for the group. "Right. Our first test will be here." He spoke. The group stood in place, glancing around absorbing the surrounds. Large carved out deep indigo rocks in different shapes and forms, along with all kinds of volume pumpkins with tiny pebbles huddled here and there "I'm going to pick, two Evers and two Nevers. What the rest are going to do is observe, concentrate then name where they are." The whole class looks at one another, confused with the little information given. "I want; Kuen and Ligeai from Nevers. Edward and Leroy from Evers. To stand inside the circle." Mr Donovan pointed towards the hefty stones which started to glide across the grass ever so gently to create a spacious circle. The chosen four confidently walk into the circle. Powder exploded just moments after, everything was surrounded by pure white smoke. Waving motions coughing, few noses pinched to not inhale the cloud, squint eyes and bent knees. Mr Donovan let out a loud cough "Ah... I might of used too much force with the spell." with a click of his fingers the smoke cleared at once. The four students went missing, there no longer was a circle made of stone. However eight Identical jumbo goblin statues, spaced out side by side. "You lot have to figure out which one is a Never and which one is the Ever. I will call out your name. Right. First, you can all go in for a closer inspection. No matter how hard you hit or move the statues they will NOT react." 

A closer investigation with each statue, pair of hollow eyes stared afar. Panic crossed over Erica's mind ...b-b-b-ut they're the same! there is no way to figure it out... She looks around towards the other students, some just as baffled however a few smug faces made Erica flustered. There are only few chances to get this right, but not only is there multiple to choose from but there are two blanks that don't belong in either.

"TIME IS UP. Students, walk away. NOW." The voice roared across the land. 

With such short time, Erica started to get cold feet. The determination to get it right is high. glittering powder appears in front of her, folds out into a thick shimmering paper "As you can see there is now a colour hovering above each goblin statue. I need you to write down out of the 6 which; is a never or an ever. There must be two blanks. I will rate this class after, However I will not be accepting the last one to get handed back- that one will be an automatic FAIL." Everyone sprang into action, so quick that most didn't even look at the colours above the statue. Erica gambled and done her best shot, ran towards the Professor handing her filing card. Just as she did a large heavy hand stopped right beside her "You. Do no think about giving me that sheet." Erica's heart was about to burst, she felt the heat across her eyes "Student Erica, why did you stop? give me that." She frightfully let go as he held onto it, she slowly looked back and there was another student. She felt the sigh of relief all the way down to her toes, the air never felt to finer as it did that moment. As Erica walked back towards the group with a breath. 

"Right." He shouted. With a click of a finger the statues reappeared as students. A sea of tuts and owe from fellow students depending on what they chose. "And now for the....." a long pause from the Professor as he looked astonished on one sheet of paper "...I must admit, its a first of all the years i've done this test. Not one student manged to get a full score." He looks over towards the students "Hrimexi, you're an honorable first rank." The board face looks proudly towards the statuesque, slender, raven haired boy. But what the rest notice is his Never dark uniform rags, he does not shift in expression.