First Sight

The beaming long wide halls with complex wall carvings of cupids showering love above, complex blue and pink reflections following every step. Theatre of tales, took a heart beat. High ceilings with a greenhouse dome far from reach, expanding the beautiful glittering pastel colours. Precisely cut crystal friezes, decorated with glass bouquets even the smallest flowers are clean cut with tiny details. Pixies signalling to pace faster.The muffled echoes of petite heels tapping. Benches stacked high, on either side of the room. The East side doors, was an entrance which shown students around her age coming through in black rag uniforms, with the stench of mould The Nevers  it was obvious minimal effort was built on their side of the hall; warn out wooden benches, the friezes of torture, stalactites dripping from the celling. right in the middle was a wide strip of silver, to insure the Nevers and Evers wouldn't mix.  

Erica sat down in one of the middle rows. She looked up and down on her side, to see clearly whom she will be attending class with. The girls took out their pocket mirrors to plump their lips and neaten their hair. Next to Erica was a beautiful sun kissed girl, with thick smooth dark hair tied into a ballerina low bun. The girl caught Erica's eye, she smiled "Pardon my rudeness. My name is Elissa, daughter of Aladdin." Elissa gave a look to show she is waiting for Erica to introduce herself "M-My name is Erica...daughter of Sandman. It's a pleasure to meet you!" Elissa gave her a warm smile "The feeling is mutual." Elissa turns to proceed a conversation with her newly formed friends  on the other side. The room goes quiet, everyone settled. Suddenly the West doors re open. And several handsome men strut out in single file, chests puffed out, the left arm behind their backs while the right arm holds a perfect in bloom pink rose, smiles to brighten any room while all in unison. Instantly the gent at the far front is the man every girl will leap for. All the Nevers started booing, shouting and moving restlessly on their wooden bench. The boys pause just in front of the Ever benches, turned their heads towards the crowd- the girls start giggling and shuffling to get closer to the clay sculpted boys. All at once they passed over their roses to certain girls, while some teared up and few celebrated. Elissa, was gifted two of the roses, she thanked them both with a gleaming smile of gratitude. Erica turned and asked "What's up with the roses?" Elissa looked astonished "It's a test of courage to show that they're not afraid to publicly show whom they hold affection for." Erica slightly nodded. 

The assembly speaker arrived. The two headed dog; Pollux and Castor. One for good and the other for evil. They proceeded to talk about the rules and what is to come in this brand new year of students, what's expected, the ranking system and the Head Master. Looking directly opposite towards the Nevers, Erica can see just how different each one is. Their messy hair, miss shaped eyes, big noses, skeleton like face, one even had a skeleton structure tattooed on their face. Looking at each one individually, their unique features really stood out. One was looking directly at Erica, with a blank stare. He had raven soft hair, neatly brushed back behind the ears with the ends of his hair twisting into light waves. The upright posture with elegance by his side. Erica was baffled as to why such a well kept man was on the other side of the room. She looked closer without breaking eye contact she saw his symmetrical clear cut diamond face shape he possessed gleaming solid black eyes. Cold air brushed against her neck. Instantly she looked back at the two heads talking but her ears were not listening.