Chapter 9: Witches and Balls

Finding the last two was easier said than done, as it turns out. According to Michael, they were always afraid of causing too much destruction; Owyne with his control of earth could cause mighty quakes, and Ivan's power of fire could easily get out of hand. But these two learned to control their emotions and powers outside of battle. Because of this, though, news of earthquakes or sudden wildfires weren't easy to come by. None of us could figure any clues that we could look out for. Actually, Henry looked as if he knew something, but whenever we made eye contact he'd turn away with a defiant "hmph". He really didn't like me.

"Arrabella," Aru suddenly spoke, "I have a question for you.".

"I'm listening," I answer.

"It's been bothering me since we met. Why are you out of the castle?" he asks, "From the way you put it, Victor hasn't dethroned your father yet. If Victor kicked you out, then how would he have managed to do that?".

I stay quiet. That day was a day I didn't like to think of often, "Um, it's a long story.".

Aru smirks, "We've got time, I mean we have no leads on Owyne or Ivan so why not?".

Henry adds in, "Unless you are working for Victor or someone close to him. Maybe your goal is to lead us to the castle to kill us?".

I roll my eyes, "If f that was my main goal I wouldn't be gracing myself with your lovely presence.".

"Okay but Princess, will you tell us?" Aru asks.

"Yeah Princess, why don't you tell us?" Henry adds in.

"Leave her alone," Michael say, in a soft, but firm tone, "If she doesn't want to talk about it then she doesn't have to.".

I smile a thanks at him as I pull up my hood over my head and we enter the city. This isn't a town like the previous places have been, instead it's a city with a population consisting of mostly nobility. It's really dangerous to be here right now because a lot of these people will most likely recognize me. I've pretty much grown up with almost all these people.

Michael leads us, and Aru took point next to me, keeping me shielded from the crowd. The city was beautiful with luxurious, large houses and extravagant shops. The streets were crafted out of gorgeous cobblestone and it was surprisingly smooth to walk on. There were people out shopping, buying things from the local merchants, and we ended up buying something too.

"He say's it's a disguise charm," Michael tells me, placing a small red candy in my hand, "Apparently if you eat it, you end up looking like someone else. I mean why not try it?".

I sigh, "What's the worst thing that can happen." I throw the candy in my mouth and I feel the same, "See it didn't-guys?".

Michael, Aru, and Henry all stare wide-eyed at me. It isn't until I look in the mirror that I see what had happened. I didn't look like Princess Arrabella anymore, instead, I looked completely different. My black hair was now blonde, my blue eyes stayed the same, and my pale face had more color to it.

"Oh my god," I whispered.

"You definitely do not look like yourself," Aru says, Michael shooting him a look that says seriously.

"I'm going to buy more of those candies," Michael announces and heads back to the vendor. Aru keeps inspecting me, much to my dismay.

"Aru, can you please stop looking at me?".

Aru shakes his head, "I'm not looking; I'm inspecting.".

"Inspecting what?".

"What your name could be," he says, Henry raising an eyebrow, "Well she can't be Arrabella, she has to have a new name to fit her new face.".