Chapter 1

Do me a little favor by voting please. That all I ask. It wouldn't take a sec, so please vote on the chapters as you read.

"I can't believe I'm leaving the orphanage. Where do I go from here? My family abandoned me when I was just a baby and I've always felt like nobody loves me, especially my biological parents." Amelia thought.

"I had a bitter sweet eighteenth birthday. I couldn't celebrate my birthday to the fullest because I'm leaving the place I have grown to call home. I'm leaving both the bad and good memories." Tears clouded Amelia's eyes as she was thinking about the orphanage.

"How will the children cope without me? Will they remember me because from here I don't know where faith will take me. Will I be able to survive out there? Where do I go from here? Who will take me in?" So many questions were running through Amelia's head without answers.

The birthday party ended an hour ago, everything was back to normal. The small kids didn't know what was going on but the adult's knew.

The children were busy playing around while Abigail and Cornelia cleaned the mess they created after the birthday party. They didn't want Amelia to work because today was her day so she was left alone, lost in her thoughts.

She was sitting by the window side, looking into space. She could feel the slow breeze and could sense how tense and sad the atmosphere is.

She sensed someone coming closer to her. She listened attentively to the clicking of shoes and she knew it was Mrs. Davis. She has grown to learn the pattern of how everyone walks, run and talks in this orphanage. She didn't  forget voices. When she heard a voice once she committed it to memory.

Especially her two friends, she knew Mrs Davis was bringing a bad news but she has to brace and hold herself together.

"Dear, it time. It's almost 4:30 pm and it's getting late," Mrs. Davis said. Amelia could feel the sadness in her voice. She reached for Mrs Davis' hands and clamped it with hers.

"Mrs. Davis, I don't want to go," Amelia began to sob. "I have never been outside the walls of this orphanage. I don't know anybody out there." She continued sobbing.

"Please do something for me, I don't have anywhere to go." Amelia couldn't control the tears, soon enough she had began crying her eyes out. Mrs Davis hugged her closely to her heart.

Amelia could feel some water drops on her dress and she knew Mrs. Davis was crying herself. She was whispering sweet things and comforting words to Amelia.

"You know if I had the power, I would let you stay here, right?" Mrs. Davis said between sobbing .

"Who would employ someone like me, blind and useless? I don't even have any educational background. The orphanage wasn't getting enough money so they couldn't afford a braille for me." Amelia was condemning herself in her brain.

She slowly packed her clothes, not that she had much, they were mostly tattered rags that were donated to the orphanage . Some of the clothes were too tight for her but it was better to wear it than walk around naked.

She taught herself how to arrange her things so she didn't have any difficulties finding them. She separated her things from that of the rest of the children for easy identification. She didn't find any difficulties packing them.

When she was done packing, she slowly descended from the flight of stairs. Immediately, as her feet made contact with the last stair case, she began to cry.

The tears where flowing freely now, she didn't hide it any more. She let the sobs escaped the seams of her lips.

Though she couldn't see, she knew the children were together with Mrs. Davis and her two friends were standing there, waiting for her.

Goodbye's were the saddest thing she would ever say, but now she had no other choice than to say it.

She couldn't stop the tears from flowing. She went on her knees and beckoned the children to come closer.

When they came closer to her, she told them she was leaving. They didn't understand her when she told them she was leaving so she told them she was leaving for good and she was not coming back.

They began to cry holding her tightly. She hugged each and everyone of them for it was about time she faced what outside these walls of the orphanage had in store.

The children didn't take it lightly, they all began crying even harder. Telling her they would go with her. If it was up to her she would have taken them along with her, but she didn't know where her last stop would be.

"I will come and visit you if I get a better place, I promise." Amelia's voice cracked at the end. A promise she intend to keep.

"If I thought saying goodbye to the children was the hardest thing to do then I was wrong, it wasn't. The hardest thing to do was saying goodbye to my first true friends. They were here with me through thick and thin and helped me in times of darkness." Amelia thought.

"I'm gonna miss you guys." Amelia couldn't finish her sentence because a lump grew in her throat. She swallowed before she continued, "I love you all and I promise we will meet again. Goodbye, I love you all." She cried as she turned her back to leave.

"Wait, take this," Mrs. Davis said pressing a sum of money in her hands."Amelia, don't forget that if I would have had my own way, I would have made you stay. You mean a lot to me dear." She sobbed as she hugged Amelia tightly. Amelia kissed her cheeks and waved at them.

"Thanks Mrs. Davis. Goodbye."  Amelia said, wiping the tears from her sullen, puffy eyes. She waited quietly for the cab Mrs Davis hailed for her.

Moments later, she was off. She could hear the wailing of the kids. As the cab drove off.As she sat in the cab she didn't know where her next stop would be or where she would sleep tonight.

All she knew was her heart was slowly breaking every second she drove further away from the place she once called home.

Don't forget to comment and share, have added somethings to the first chapter. Guys please I need your votes. It keeps me going.