Thinking All Day

I woke up gasping for air. I looked around my surroundings and noticed I'm in the living room. I sat up with pressure in my chest. I put my head in my hands, just wondering how I got here. I remembered going to the party to watch Scott, driving Allison home, Scott got shot in the shoulder, but there's something else. I gave up thinking. I grabbed the arm of the couch to pull myself up. Once I got up I made my way to the kitchen. I walked in and grabbed a glass, filling it with water, and putting it on the counter. I walked to the cabinets opening them one by one looking for at least one pill. I opened a cabinet and found an Advil. I opened it up to find just two left and threw them into my mouth and washed them down with some water. I heard foot steps coming down the stairs then towards the kitchen. I looked up to see Derek enter with a look of worry in his eyes. He walked up to me and with his fingers moved a piece of hair away from my eyes.

''You scared me, don't do that again''. Derek said as he pulled away from me. He looked down at me and kissed the top of my head

''Sorry Der, I don't want to talk about it right now, I just have a lot of pressure in my chest''. He furrowed his eyebrows at me and frowned.

''That's odd, did you take a pill?''

''Yeah I did, I don't really remember anything right now. I just want to go to school and get this day over and done with''. I replied as I look at my phone saying it's 5:43 am and noticed I had missed messages from Lydia, I'll talk to her in school.

''Yeah you should go have a shower and get ready. Schools in three hours''. He smiled down at me. I smile up at him and kiss his cheek

I ran up the stairs and walked into my room. I really needed a hot shower. I turned on the hot water and waited for it to heat up. I tried to remember what had happened to me. I just couldn't recall. I don't want to think about it right now. The water was hot and steamy. I stepped in and let the hot water cascaded over me. My muscles were stiff and sore from the stress. The hot water helped them to relax. After my shower I wrapped my towel around me and went to pick out what to wear. I picked out a cream colored tank top, my black jeans with a tear, and my brown leather jacket. I placed them on my bed. I turned and saw my reflection in the partially burned mirror. Not remembering is frustrating. Never mind that for now. I continued getting ready. I put on my boots and went downstairs.

As I entered the kitchen, Der-bear tossed me an apple

As I entered the kitchen, Der-bear tossed me an apple. I caught it perfectly in my hand and took a bite out of it.

''Ready kiddo''. I rolled my eyes at the nickname and nodded, grabbed my bag, and we walked out to the car

I heard a beep on my phone just as I finished eating my apple. Pulling out my phone I saw that Lydia had messaged me. More than once.

From: Ariel (Lydia)

Are you ok I didn't see you at the party - 12:34am

Seriously message me now - 1:07am