21. Cuddles

"Okay, you need to stop. Like for real, stop it. It's getting....creepy," Suri moaned. Sighing, I grinned sheepishly at her. Malia rolled her eyes in disgust, a shiver ran down her spine. All week long I had to put up with my friends' complaints about the dreamy smile on my face. Hey, I had to live with that for 2 years multiplied by 3. It was the most annoying thing. Jordanne would just flop on her bed and nap with a smile on her face after every date. Suri would shriek and tell everyone. Literally everyone. She even called the administrative manager one time. He surprisingly listened and then at the end, told her to take good care of his godson. Let's say she didn't touch her phone for the rest of the week. Malia would scream and cry about all the 'mistakes' she made then reminisce about the event with the maddest look on her face and then laugh and cry again.

See.

Moral of the story.

Dont go on dates.

Unless they're with your soulmate.

Or with Shawn Mendes.
...
Shawn and I barely saw each other for the next week. Or two. But I fully understood, he had finals coming up and was already pretty held back with me and all that shit. He was fully prepared, just revision. Apparently he came back to Waltington just to sit for the exams. Not a bad idea after all.

After three weeks of not meeting up, I felt like my dorm was suffocating me. Maybe I was just getting too clingy. Boys hate clingy girlfriends. Everyone hates clingy people. I had to give Shawn space, he did text me regularly but I couldn't bring myself to look at them. Too moody. Too lazy. Too psycho.

Simple.

Blood.

Period.

Jordanne found out the hard way that unless you were here to provide food and companionship to me during that difficult time, kindly f*ck off. I had the worst cramps and mood swings. The worst. I usually snuggled in Jordanne's arms but right now, all I could think about was Shawn.

And possibly the date.

Suri had to haul me to class today, I was that exhausted. It was only Wednesday, I had to deal with this shit for four more days.

"Bullshit," I scoffed, tossing one of Jor's many gossipzines aside. She loved gossip. I lived off it.

Sometimes.

All I did was read my history text book under my pillow fort, cry and scroll through Twitter.

Felicity brought me painkillers and a hot water bottle but they didn't douse the pain much.

I just wanted cuddles and maybe some ice cream.

Wait no, I can't get fat.

Whatever.

Periods suck.
...
"Hey Hales! Sorry I haven't seen you much. How are you babe?"

I regretted answering the phone. So much. I wanted to cry at the sound of his voice. But I also wanted to scream at him in fury for not meeting up. I decided to try a neutral tone.

"Yeah hey. I'm totally fine. Sooooo fine. Ugh!"

I could almost sense his shock.

"Um are you okay? Haley, are you drunk? What did you do?" he asked. I laughed.

"Noooo! I'm not on drugs! I'm just in loooovee," I babbled. A blast knocked me over to the side, my phone gone from my hand.

"Hey!"

Red hair caught my attention.

"Jordanne!"

My best friend sat on her own bed, my phone in her hand and a grim smile on her face.

"Hey Shawn, Haley isn't drunk....or on drugs. She's very in love with you. She can't stop thinking of the date. She really misses you. She sleeps with you're sweater on......Stop it Haley! Back off! Yeah, she's also being a bitch because I spilled her guts and she's on her period so it would be much appreciated if you delivered ice cream to our dorm. Thanks!"

I wanted to strangle her. So badly. This little shit. She just spilled all my secrets! Not the love bit, not true but yes! I slept with his sweater on. Mainly because it smelt of him but also the fact it hid my bloated tummy. Oh wait! She also mentioned it was that time of the month. Shawn was never going to look at me the same way again! I will never look him in the eyes again! Oh my god.

Jordanne snorted. "Honey, he won't change because of a totally natural thing that occurs to all females. If he does then he is an asshole and you should drop him, alright?" She gave my shoulder a pat and then bounced her way to TSP to get our midnight snacks.

I was gonna get so fat.
...
Jordanne: Hales, got something i need to do for Ms Midfield. Most likely be back late. Enjoy time with your man honey 😍💕

Haley: wtf

I tossed my phone to the other side of my bed; it landed with a small thud. I huddled under the covers, my cramps slowly worsening. Slowly. This always happened. I made sure to use the thickest and longest pads at night or I could say goodbye to my pristine white sheets. Sighing, I laid on my bed again and closed my eyes.

Ugh.

Cramps.
...
Two solid knocks awoke me. I took my own sweet time to answer. Dazed and confused, I was astonished to find my boyfriend standing on the other side. Blushing madly, I managed to get him inside.

"Hey," he said.

Despite it being in the middle of the night, Shawn still looked put together. He wore a black long sleeved buttoned v neck. You know, the cute kind with the three buttons at the top that boys usually unbuttoned. Grey sweatpants and a beanie completed the look.

Damn boy, 10/10

"Uh hi?" I answered awkwardly, realising what a mess I was.

So here I was standing in front of my uber cool, good looking, organised and sweet boyfriend wearing one of his many sweaters, no bra or shorts on, my hair like a mop; especially since it was silver and threatening to throw up from the pain.

12/10 mess.

Shawn admired my pillow fort. "Not bad Hales. Looks pretty comfy," he praised, crawling into it. "Shawn approved."

I laughed, period momentarily forgotten. Until he cracked open the lid of vanilla ice cream.

"Um, I'm really sorry I had to bug you. You know.....this thing and all.....I feel really bad about it! I didn't mean to snap at you or anything," I apologised, sliding in beside him. My breath caught when he turned to face me, away from the laptop screen which currently flashed 'Netflix'.

"Haley, it's fine you know. It's normal and I completely understand. I know it hurts and that freaking sucks so I hope I can at least make you feel a teensy bit better okay? Don't worry about it," he assured me, adjusting his position so my head lay comfortably on his shoulder. The atmosphere was so calm and relaxing, I wanted this all the time.

Cuddles.

Second cuddle session.

Oh my god.

Wow.

Time to get comfortable with each other I guess.

"So what movie do you wanna watch?" Shawn swiped through the lists.

My mouth was full of ice cream, I couldn't respond.

Shawn laughed. He poked my cheek and selected a movie. We leaned back into the fluffy pillows. I sighed contently.

Shawn wrapped his arm around my shoulder and buried his head into my hair.

"By the way, you look adorable as f*ck in my sweater."
_________
ASDFGHJKL
PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ THIS WHAT HAHAHAHHAAH
anyways
i hope ya'll like cuddling.
I love cuddles
Especially with Shawn.
I wish I knew him personally.
love ya
vote
comment
❤️
tish