23. By His Side

"Hey Shawn."

"Hi Hales, what's up?"

"Nothing much. Just wanted to check up on you. Where are you now?"

"At the library. Studying with Valen and Bradley."

"Hmm alright. Stay safe. Don't overwork yourself! Stat hydrated."

"Alright. Thanks Haley! See you."

He ended the call, I frowned at my english worksheet.

I heard Jordanne snort from her desk. "It's getting a little excessive you know. Lay it off a little," she commented. "He's probably freaked out by it."

Well, she did have a good point. I should probably leave him alone.

But what about that note.....

I blinked. It was driving me nuts. Saturday wasn't as good as it sounded. The note was constantly on my mind, taunting me. I seriously needed to focus.

But someone's got their eyes on your man. Aren't you worried?

No.

I shouldn't be. I needed to trust Shawn to make good decisions. I needed to trust that he wouldn't cheat on me. On his soulmate. Anyone who did would lose their coloured vision.

Temporarily, just until they realise their mistake and repents.

And if their soulmate decides to forgive them that is.

It was a little harsh but....oh well.

I tossed my phone away, I needed to concentrate on my work and so did Shawn. It'd best for both of us if I stopped bothering.

And if I stopped watching Valen's snapchat story to try and see if Shawn was in the background of it.

Too desperate.

I needed to stop. If I didn't, I'd probably be single by the end of the day.

My case of highlighters popped open, I flipped a few pages of some notebooks, pens scattered across my paper.

Alright.

Let's get to work.
...
The week wore on. I barely caught a glimpse of my boyfriend. I totally understood, studying, finals, friends. The rest of the girls also kept themselves meaningfully occupied, they didn't go on dates during that time span. I figured it wasn't something to worry about, everyone seemed to be on a small 'date break'.

Yeah.

Education first.

A little reluctantly, I strode in Mrs K's class with Suri and Malia.

She sat with her platinum blonde hair pulled into a neat bun, in a pleasant navy suit and very tall high heels. A stern mask was plastered over her face, she lowered her oval reading glasses to look at us.

"Good! You're early. Take your seats at once. I'll start issuing the test papers at 9am."

I inhaled sharply.

Let prelims begin.
...
"I'm so ready to toss this all out!" Malia- referring to her pile of notes- declared as we stepped into the cafeteria. It was a Thursday afternoon which meant that I hadn't seen Shawn in......8 days.

Eh.

He hadn't replied to my texts either but I was sure I'd see him today. It was the last day for Junior finals prelims. Lucky me.

Seniors still had Friday and Saturday of exams. Mainly because they started later.

I rolled my eyes. "Malia, we still have like 5 weeks more of studying alright? We can't throw them out."

She pouted angrily. She hadn't had a nice run in a long time so she was going a litte nuts. The fact that she hadn't met up with Nate might have added to her grumpiness. Malia flipped her curls over her shoulder and she crossed her arms over her chest. "Hmph! Today's been shitty, biology was terrible. I hope Suri and Jordanne did something wise, like getting my lunch for me."

Thankfully, they had enough sense to. Jor and Suri sat with four trays of steaming food. My mouth watered at the scent. The food usually increased in quality during exam time and parents' week. Surprising.
...
"Jordanne!"

We glanced up in the direction of the voice. Zachary.

He plucked Jordanne up from her seat in for a cuddle. I watched the lovey dovey, strictly no PDA other than shitty pet names couple with hope. Maybe Shawn would appear soon, he had to grab lunch eventually. The cafeteria was the nearest to all the classrooms and study halls. He had to be here. It was just a matter of time.

"Ick! Guys, be right back, my water has something disgusting in it,"Malia complained, she stood up from our table and stalked off to the counters. Suri shrugged.

"I missed you so much Zachary!"

"I missed you too, honey."

"I was so jealous of the teachers, they spent more time with you than I did."

"Aww sugar bun! Don't worry I'll take you out soon."

"Ya'll simply can't text each other this shit?"

Oh.

Look who came to the party.

Tyler.

Suri didn't waste even 2 seconds. She leapt up into her boyfriends' arms, overjoyed. I mentally groaned, those two would have their lips stuck for the whole day. Okay, I'm fine with that but please, in the cafeteria? In the hallway? On campus benches? It was too much. Waaaayy too much. Such an extra couple. But I loved them.

Tyri.

I felt like my presence wasn't needed anymore and I didn't feel that hungry. I forced the remainder of my lunch down my throat, I knew what going without an afternoon of meal felt like.

Absolutely horrid.

Malia and I could move to our next class together, I wouldn't feel so alone then. Maybe she'd want to stop for some frappes, we could definitely do that.

Wait.

What.

Just as my bestie said she was, standing in the insanely long drink line waiting to refill her cup, only now she had company. Nathaniel stood next to her. His fluffy curls peeking through the crowd, towering almost over everyone.

I sighed, tapping my foot. Where was Shawn? All my best friends were with their soulmates but mine had yet to make an appearance.

I turned my head automatically as the cafeteria doors swung open.

Apparently when my boyfriend had to make appearances, they were usually dramatic.

It was like slow motion. He walked inside  in a navy button down, black skinny jeans and his Nikes. My lips stretched into a smile until I realised who walked and laughed beside him.

It was an unfamiliar face and definitely not a male one.

Cropped dirty blonde hair, sparkling green eyes, fair skin, clad in a fluffy grey sweater and leggings.

Pretty.

It hit me.

Shawn just walked into the cafeteria with another girl by his side. One that was older and prettier than me.

Bitch what the f*ck.

________
Soo i guess I owe everyone two updates haahahhahahahaha sorry this one is so short I'm on a tight schedule rn.
japan is great. 11/10 a must visit!
sooo who is this new girl huh sounds like Shaley is in for trouble.
THANKS FOR READING
LOVE YOU
vote
comment
❤️
tish