Chapter three: You left the window open?

I woke up earlier than usual, earlier than I wanted to.

I rolled over and looked at the clock. '9:00' What the hell? It's summer, I'm not supposed to be waking up until at least '10:00'. I pulled the blankets over my head trying to block the sunlight streaming in from the window.

The window! 

I sat upright in bed, remembering what had happened yesterday. 

Andy, I said I would go back today, but what if she didn't leave that damn window open? 

I fell back in bed with a huff, it didn't really matter anyway, it was too early to leave right now, that would seem weird. Well weirder, given the circumstances. I contemplated just laying in bed for another couple of hours, but even as I thought it I knew it was no good, I didn't feel like being still, I was too anxious for that.

I reluctantly got out of bed and walked to the bathroom, carrying on with my usual routine of getting ready. But I noticed everything was taking me a bit longer, I was worried about how my hair looked, brushing it this way, then that. Trying to get the perfect 'I don't care but I still look good' kind of style going, I took extra time picking out my clothes, I was trying to look my best, I was actually trying to impress this girl. I threw the outfits I'd been debating over on my bed and shrank to the floor. No, I'm not going. I'm not letting some stupid girl with great taste in music, long blonde hair, pretty eyes, a sarcastic grin, and a good bod rule my life.

I was up and getting dressed before I even finished my internal rant. Who am I kidding, I was going.

By the time I finished getting ready it was almost 11:00 I managed to kill another hour eating and watching TV before I decided I should go.

I left the house quietly, trying not to wake my brother or my dad, he started work at 9:00pm and didn't get home till 7:00 in the morning so he slept most of the day which meant we rarely saw each other despite living in the same house, and even through all that we found a way to fight with each other. Mikey on the other hand was just really lazy and liked to sleep all day. 

When I was out of the house I hopped in my truck and started driving, I was nearly to the apartments before I realized I was about to rebreak into some girls house, and I wasn't even bringing her anything. 

Driving past where Andy lived I kept going till I hit the grocery store. Now I'm not even going to explain how difficult it was to try and buy this girl a gift, but after about an hour of choosing, and rechoosing, I finally decided on a semi decent gift. 

Driving back to her house I felt a rush of different emotions, this was stupid, I felt stupid, I wasn't going to allow myself to become obsessed with some girl I didn't even know, so if it didn't work out, it didn't work out, no big deal I would just leave her alone, what did I have to lose? Besides my dignity, and the ten bucks I'd spent on this stupid present.

I parked my car behind the apartments, my breathing became shallow and I grabbed the gift from the passenger seat, alright here goes nothing. 

I walked slowly over to her window, Yes! it was open, okay one worry dealt with, but ten more popped up in its place, now I actually had to talk to this girl. 

Come on Gerard you got this. 

I knocked on the wall before slowly sliding in as carefully as possible. 

She was standing in the middle of the room looking very much like she did yesterday. Except this time she was wearing a ' Sleeping with Sirens' shirt. She was smiling at me and I instantly felt less scared about coming here. Her eyes moved to the object in my hand, and a look of confusion flashed across her face, but the smile grew. She looked back into my eyes, and then pointed to the object. I laughed and held it out to her. She took it gratefully and laughed along with me.