Welcome

The scene changed.

He woke up with a start, then attempted to float out of bed.

He got a few inches then fell.

He brushed himself off, put on his old clothes, brushed his teeth, showered, and headed downstairs.

Dipper felt lonely. Abandoned.

Had Bill broken the deal?
He would've felt that.

Did Bill go out of Gravity Falls?
No. He would've heard that.

He stumbled downstairs to find himself in...The Fearamid?

Dipper had no clue what was going on.

A voice spoke to him.

A hissing, beautiful voice.

"Hello, child. Welcome. I hope you like it here. I have a proposition for you."

A shadow sunk across the wall into a door.

Dipper followed it frantically.

Confused, he found himself in Piedmont. His home.

"Come child. Go to where it all began. I'll be waiting..."

The same shadow skunked across the wall, into another door.

Dipper chased after it.

He found himself in his room. It looked like he was packing to go somewhere.

His suitcase missed the Gravity Falls Mystery Shack bumper sticker he had put on it.

Where it all began...

Where was that then? Gravity Falls?

That makes sense.

There was something wrong with his room, though. No parents spoke downstairs, no Mabel bounced on his bed, an extra door led to somewhere unknown.

He went into the mysterious door, and found himself at his old school.

He rushed to the nearest exit.

Dipper found himself next in Mabel's room. Well, the one in Piedmont.

Every place had weird, mysterious doors that were out of place. He traveled by these doors and saw every single place he had been.

Dipper didn't know what would happen if he opened the door in the hospital room. This was the start of his life...right?

He opened the door, walking through it.

He saw a seemingly older version of himself...probably around 16 years old, painting a cave wall. Weathering it to make it seem a billion years old.

He got halfway out of the cave.

The older Dipper suddenly spun in his leather boots, running from shadows.

No. A cult.

He made it to the dead end of the cave, pulling out a pen and tossing it at the nearest cultist. Older Dipper cowered in a pile of rocks as the cult closed in on him.

The leader spoke. "Pinetree. You are in violation of cult law. I hate to do this, but it must be done. We said not to go painting the prophecy for anyone's viewing. We needed to be the only ones to seal him away."

"What if he shows up, after we die?" Pinetree started, "And if we return, how will we know? We won't! It's smarter to write it down for others to see!"

"Shooting Star." The leader commanded.

A girl stepped up, her face shrouded in darkness from the cast of the cloak she wore.

A patch was on her shoulder. Dipper noticed now that Pinetree had a patch as well, just a different symbol.

She took the hood from her head.

Mabel. At least...a 16 year old Mabel. Called her symbol name.

"Dipper, I'm sorry...but it's either you...or both of us..." Tears streamed down her face rapidly as she half a shaky knife in the air.

"Wait!" Pinetree screamed, "You need me for the prophecy! I'm irreplaceable!"

"You'll reincarnate in time." A member spoke. "I did the math."

"No! I'll wait! And you will never know who for!" Pinetree shouted.

Shooting Star dropped the knife, falling to her knees. "I...I can't do it. He's my brother..."

"I'll do it." The same gruff voice as before said. He took the hood from his face, revealing...

A young kid? Around 13.

He looked like Great Uncle Ford. But...little. And a kid.

He raised the knife, and said, "Sorry, brother. I just have to prove our family to the Triangulum Mortis."

Dipper spun away before he heard the sickening clash of flesh and metal, the pained scream of Pinetree as he died before his family members. His twin.

But then...another scream rang out. One Dipper knew well. Shooting Star had died with Pinetree.

A door appeared beside Dipper, who gladly escaped the scene and went...well...further back.

He saw the older version of himself, but only about a year or two younger than before.

Standing in a circle, chanting something in Latin. It translated itself for Dipper.

"May the immortal Cipher take on a single weakness, may this wheel cause his demise. May each of the ten be connected through blood to one of the other nine, may they die as the same we must. May the immortal Cipher take on us as a weakness....."

"Pinetree connects with Shooting Star, Starred Eye and Fez, Icebag and Stitched Heart, Six Fingers and Glasses, Llama and Question Mark."

The bonds were visible. Lines stretched from each person, every color different, connecting with another color and mixing in the center.

In the middle of the circle, a triangle appeared.

Bill appeared.

"YOU MORTALS ARE FOOLS! ONE DAY, YOU'LL PAY FOR A MISTAKE YOU HAVE CREATED!"

"WELCOME MORTALS, TO WHERE IT ALL BEGINS!" Bill shouted angrily, disappearing.

The whole scene freezes.

"Welcome to the place where it all began, Mason. They call me..."

Every person disappeared.

"Elixa..."

"What was the deal you were proposing?"

"It's more of a trade. I want to go in your mind to escape this exact time loop, and I'll let you leave my time loop. Else wise you'll watch his death. Over. And. Over."

"Fine," Dipper said. He takes her hand when it lights up in hot pink flame, Shooting Star's color when they bonded.

His was blue when they mended together.

"Now let me leave," he demanded.

"Yes yes...now. Stay still."

Elixa jumped into the boys head, staying there as she guided Dipper out of the time loop.

Word Count: 985