Nightmare

It was nightfall once more. I felt drowsy.

I had gone days without sleep.

Mabel was somewhere. Else. I needed to save her.

I couldn't sleep now. They'd find me.

I had to sleep, otherwise I'd have no way to help Mabel.

I should explain. It was two nights after the Beast had its physical form destroyed. Apparently that meant I had a natural power well. A strong one.

Anyways...

Mabel and I were taken in our slumber. I was immune to the chloroform, but she wasn't. I acted to see where they'd bring us.

One of them noticed I was awake and knocked me out using other means.

Like a metal pipe. It left a bruise.

We were both out for at least one day

They threw us in a cell. Mabel woke first. Then me, five minutes later. Approximately.

We were given food on two trays. One had a demon's symbol carved into it, the other was normal.

The one with the symbol had a salad on it. Everything I liked. It had a glass of blessed water.

They didn't know I wasn't a demon. They were trying to kill me.

The human food tray had a mouthwatering burger on it. Certainly not the best I've seen, but I still drooled a little when I saw the food. It also had a lemonade and a packet of edible glitter.

I had this feeling they had been watching us. Me. Her.

Mabel ate the food after asking me if it was poisoned, which I performed a small check-spell to confirm. I did the same to my food, and ate.

I got to the blessed water. I drank it down, no regrets. A tear fell out of my eye as I felt a small stinging on my soul, but that was about it.

They hadn't come to talk to us that day.

We slept that night, in shifts. One watching and being bored, the other sleeping. It was comforting, to say the least.

On my shifts, I tried to do spells to get us out, but apparently they had blocked most spells. All but the food-check spell and sleep powder spells.

I know this...because I guiltily say...I performed one on Mabel to keep her sleeping for ten minutes while I looked at my soul.

The process of taking it out to examine was incredibly painful, and I didn't want her waking up.

I filled the pain the best I could with my human side, and used a small bit of gray magic to pull it out.

It hurt worse than hell.

I eventually, in three minutes on the dot, stopped taking it out.

I examined it.

It seemed to be near a perfect balance of black and white. Just twenty more spells and I could...

I could leave Gravity Falls. But I'd not be able to return. Ever.

Maybe Mabel could help take down the barrier for me.

But then the creatures would get out. My mentor as well. He's kind. But he's still dangerous.

So no. Bad idea.

But I could leave. Twenty more spells will initiate the perfect balance with the universe.

But wait...last time I checked it was around 13 more spells. That blessed water stung my soul but removed some of the corruption!

I hoped to get more.

Mabel and I stayed in there for three sunrises until someone came in, grabbed me by the hair, and dragged me off.

I used a small pain removing spell so it didn't hurt too much.

Mabel screamed as they dragged me away, trying to keep the last piece of family. She thought they wanted to kill me.

Emphasize "me."

They brought me to a concrete room with a simple table and chair. They didn't bother chaining me in, thinking I was weakened by the water.

If a demon drank holy water, they're soul would be stripped clean of sin so quickly they'd die. If a magic using human does, it just hurts a little.

"Mason Pines," a mysterious man in a black suit came walking in. He sat across from me with a file that read "classified" in his hand.

He pulled out pictures. The Beast.

Oh. You wanted to know how we got here? What happened. Too bad. This is my Pinetree journal, not yours. Take care!