Chapter 1: Beginning of what?

"Come little children, I'll take thee away, into a land of enchantment, come little children, the time's come to play, here in my garden of shadows

"Come little children, I'll take thee away, into a land of enchantment, come little children, the time's come to play, here in my garden of shadows ." I heard in the meadow behind my aunt's old Victorian house.

As I jolt up from the nightmare in my aunts meadow, which haven't been in at least 5 years.

Skittles pokes her head out of her basket at the end of my bed and I smile to her.

"Don't worry Skittles, I'm fine just another nightmare." I sat calmly but skittles doesn't believe me and hops out of the basket and paddles her paws toward me. Skittles siblings run after her. (2 brothers Peanut, sushi and 2 sisters butterscotch, Pumpkin)

"Fine, fine come cuddle you little rug rats." I laugh as they topple over each other. They finally reach me and crawl over my legs to get to my hands.

"What it's like you guys want attention." I giggle and someone knocks at the door and waits tapping their foot. "Come on in," I say toward the door. As this scruffy little face pokes in through a crack of the door I giggle and pat beside me on my bed and the little boy runs in and jumps on the bed. As the boy lands on the bed the cats stop moving for a second then continues meowing.

"Are you leaving again?" The boy asks and is on verge of crying. I smile and sigh and pass him a cat.

"Sadly yes but only for a couple of weeks then I will be back for every weekend don't cry okay I need you t o be strong for skittles and the other rug rats okay there Brady?" I asked him as if I'm leaving for good.

Tears start dropping down his cheeks and he lets the kitten go and hugs his knees and closes his eyes as tight as he can and nods.

~~~Two hours later~~~

As I drove off all I could hear was the cars driving by and sirens run the other way. I watch lights, signs, trees blur away from my sight. The pain inside from leaving him was and is unbearable. The emptiness and pain runs around like the wheels on my car as I drive south, down, back to school for the special artistic gifted students. Which means no words between us will be said until the end month.

I remember the first year leaving to this academy. The tears kept rolling from his cheeks, watching him in tears which broke me into to tears. I crashed beside him in our mother's arms, we had Skittles mother still and our father and mother were alive. We went for ice cream and my parents told Brady who is my only sibling, he is a year younger but he finally looks 7 even though he is 16 now.

Two week after the first year my parents were coming to see me and went the quickest way... This was the cliff of the mountain. They were going too fast and a transport was over the line to much and my parents quickly went around and fell down the cliff.

It hit me so hard I starved myself for weeks, I didn't speak for months, I left myself to rot no soul, no life, no future just a shell of a person lying there waiting to die.

The only thing that kept me going was Brady he bought a bus ticket to come see me and finally ate and talked a little. He stayed strong, he was my wings he was my light to the future.

My brother and I have a mutual friend his name is Tyson he is very good in photography and all arts. He was like our oldest brother he lived beside us at 157 West Morin Street. We live at 155 West Morin Street. We live in Banning which is 48 minute drive away from Idyllwild Arts Academy.

Idyllwild is the performing arts academy Tyson and I accepted our full scholarships after an art competition. Brady accepted a full scholarship to Hope International University.

As thoughts rumbled through my head Tyson and his parents attempted to gain my attention.

"...Oh I'm sorry Mr. and Mrs. Caraway what were you attempting to say?" I say as I wonder if I truly meant it or not.

"Oh my dear please call us Jack and Irene honey you are like a daughter to us. I was asking if you knew which dorm you are in this year and if you had any classes with our son Tyson?" Irene asked as cheerfully as she could be while she sat in the passenger seat knitting a navy blue and pearl white scarf.

As we rolled up to Idyllwild arts I could see the shadows rapidly mask my vision, my fingertips fade and become non-existent and slumber fall deeply upon me.