Chapter 5: The night lullaby

When I awoke I was being carried by Luke toward the dorms

When I awoke I was being carried by Luke toward the dorms. "What happened? Why are we soaked, again?" I say as I squirm to sort of sit in his arms to see his face.

"You ran after me and slipped into the creek and I saved you once more. This time you didn't need CPR luckily. But it would be nice to have a kiss for saving your life, again." He smiled and giggled. I moved toward him and put my arms around his wide strong shoulders and leaned in and kissed him. His lips were soft and tasted like salt, water and coffee. His kiss was soft when our lips touched he stopped moving and just held me there kissing me passionately. When I moved back I blushed and look down. "I was joking but that was better than nothing." I looked up fast and he moved my legs so I could walk.

"You bugger." I say and keep one of my hands on his strong muscular chest as my feet hit the ground. I moved away for a second then looked toward the dorms. "Shoot it is almost curfew. We better hurry before we get into trouble." We walk quickly to the dorms as we enter he walks me to my dorms and walks away without saying a word.

"Hey, why are you soaked what happened, and was that the one and only Lucifer Collin?" Isabelle says hurrying toward me.

"I fell into the river and he saved me. And yes that is Lucifer he wants me to call him Luke and I beat him in the game we have on t.v., the queen can't be beaten." I say proudly and shiver. "I need a shower then we will talk." I grab another pair of clothes then head into a hot shower. I took about twenty minutes when I got out Isabelle was pacing around her bed. "Are you alright? Or has something come up?" I take a small step forward and she turns to me waving her hair everywhere.

"Nothing. Just something feels wrong, off about you. Like your soul has been smeared off the pages or never mind." She turns in her chair and faces me.

"Alright well, this is hard to say." I walk to my bed and sigh. "Alright well I died and Luke saved me. When I died I saw mom, dad, and your dad. He is doing well, he misses you a lot. He told me to promise to take care of you, Isaac and Brady." Knocking at the door finished my sentence. Seeing the expression on Isabelle's face told me I should answer the door.

As I open the door her twin Isaac is eye wide and almost in tears. I move over to let him in and he walks over to Isabelle and she stands and they hug. I shut the door and they stop Isaac turns toward me and smiles. "Did dad say anything about me?"

"Well he didn't say much but he told to say he missed you guys, he is fine, he loves you and I should take care of you guys. I'm so sorry I didn't get to hear any more I was pulled back here." Tears started pour out of my eyes and Isabelle cried loudly in Isaac arm's.

After half an hour of tears, and a bunch of Kleenex Isaac went to his room and Isabelle fell asleep. I lay on my bed holding my phone in my left hand and looked at the time. 12:37 am the light of the screen burned my eyes. "I should sleep but I'm, I'm honestly scared to." I whispered to myself.

"Don't worry child, I am here to watch you and to help you." The lady's voice was soothing and her humming made my eyelids heavy and my head roll into slumber.