Chapter 23

Your POV
Today is the day that Lauren starts her AA program, but she wanted to do it alone. She didn't want anyone to even drive her there, which was kind of strange because she usually likes having people around during tough times. I just have to trust her to be where she says she is or else I'll get upset with her again. I don't know if I can do that though. Her and I have a family. We have baby Chandler to think about, I can't put that child into a situation like this, she's already been through enough.

It's been 4 hours and Lauren isn't home yet. I knew I shouldn't have trusted her to be at her AA meeting. I looked to Dinah and she told me that she hasn't heard from her. I sighed loudly as Lauren finally stumbled through the door. "Where the hell have you been?" She jumped slightly at my tone and then looked at me "I got a few drinks Y/N/N no big deal" I looked at her in disbelief and pulled her to the back lounge.

"Lauren. You listen to me and you listen good. Me and Chandler, we're leaving. I'm taking her away from you for a few days or until you get your shit together in order to finally raise a child correctly!" She looked shocked and clearly what I said had sobered her up slightly "Y/N, baby, you can't do that. Please. I'll go to AA and I'll get some help. Ok? Just don't take the baby from me. I've really grown to love her and I want us to be a family" she smiled softly and I tried so hard not to melt at the sight, but I did. "Give me time to think Lauren." She left the room upon my request and I sat down next to Chandler, who wasn't much of a baby anymore, more of a toddler. I kissed her head and had a long talk with myself about what to do.

I finally stood up from the seat and went to talk to Lauren. "Lauren, I've decided to stay as long as you let me take you to your AA meetings so I can be sure you actually go." She nodded quickly in response and hugged me "I won't let you down" I pushed her off of me quickly, so as to not get sucked into it again. She has let me down. She's let all of us down. But I can't tell her that, it might not help her recovery very much at this point. I'm gonna take her to therapy too, as she improves at AA. Maybe that could help as well.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
I finally updated! Wow! Just to let you know, I will be writing more, and I will be updating more frequently! Thank you for your patience and for continuing to read! I love you all! Xoxoxo