Part 13: Bonfire

"So you like it here so far" Jake asked with his hands in his jean pockets "yeah it's nice i just don't wanna get to close" you replied kicking a rock that proceeded to skip down the pavement. "what why?" Jake stopped walking and you faced him "cause everything in this world can be taken in a matter of a second, even people" you started walking again, leaving him behind  "Thats actually pretty smart" Jake chuckled speed walking to catch up with you. "So you and Carl?" You looked at him confused "what?" You gasped a little and laughed "no! No no" Jake smiled at your response "oh okay it's just he looked like he wanting to skin me alive when I offered to go for a walk"

"Trust me Daryl would skin you alive before Carl could" you laughed and looked at the ground watching your feet as you walked "is daryl your dad?" Jake asked "no I wish, but he's like a dad to me" you smiled at the thought of Daryl being your dad. You loved your dad it's just by now you had given up hope of finding him it's been almost 3 maybe 4 years now.

"Um" Jake nervously laughed and scratched the back of his neck you looked up and followed his gaze seeing Daryl and Rick looking at you with their arms crossed and their eyes basically burning holes into you and Jake. "Sorry I'll see you later okay" you got up and started to walk away "there's a bonfire tonight!" Jake yelled you turned and walked backwards "I'll be there" you yelled back, You approached Daryl and Rick "who was that?" Rick asked "Jake he's a kid that lives here obviously" You said "I don't like him" Daryl muttered "he's nice would you stop"

"Have you seen Carl?" Rick asked "he was hanging out with Enid" you rolled your eyes Rick and Daryl looked at you "oh yeah who's in trouble now?" You rolled your eyes and turned to walk off trying to see what else you could do around here.
:::::::

"Do you like her?" Ron asked as Carl watched through the window of Rons bedroom watching you and Jake walk by. "What? No" Carl scoffed and crossed his arms across his chest Ron rolled his eyes "Yeah okay" Ron looked back down at his comic book "there's a bonfire tonight" he said grabbing Carls attention "really?"

"Yeah its just something to do you know?" Carl nodded and glanced back out the window you and Jake now being out of his sight range.

                /\/\/\

Bonfire

You all walked to the big group of people that were in the field it was just the group along with the new friends you all got. Rick saw the group of you girls approaching and he smiled. You waved to him and took a seat next to Daryl "y/n you wanna play" Jake smiled at you holding up a stack of uno cards. "No she's fine here" Daryl said you looked over your shoulder at him smirking he looked at you "I'll be fine" you whispered you stood up and walked over to the circle of people. Jake
Enid
Carl
Ella
And Allison
Glenn had his head lying in Maggie's lap. And you didn't really know where Ron was." Okay let's play" Ella said happily holding up her stack of cards you sat across from Carl and in between Enid and Allison. You could feel Enid glance at you through the game. When it was her turn you'd look over your shoulder at her and smile.

After about twenty minutes you and Jake were the only ones left in the game you looked over at him "and done" you placed your last card down making him scoff "youre good at this" he said grabbing all the cards and putting them in the box "I used to play with my dad"

You could tell Carl was looking at you and him, almost looking over you the way Daryl was. "I got a game" Ella said standing up and walking behind a near by tree she sat back down and put a water bottle in it that was filled with a red liquid. "And this is?" Enid asked raising an eyebrow at her "wine" everyone turned their heads to Ella "dont look at me like that it's not like it's vodka".

"I wish" Allison muttered "so someone will say something that they've never done and if you have done it you take a sip" Ella instructed "were all drinking from the same cup? "Jake asked with a tone of disgust "that's your biggest worry right now" Enid said sarcastically which made you smile. "Okay I've never been on my own" Ella said you reached for the water bottle "really?" Ron asked finally making his appearance, sitting down next to Carl. You nodded your head and took a drink from it "its not that bad" that was a lie. Enid put her hand out signaling for you to hand it to her. You looked at her hand, you wanted to hold it, waif what? "okay now y/n you go "

"Um I've never-" You thought about everything you've done "ive never kissed anyone" you said with a shrug Enid looked up at you, you caught her eye and shyly smiled  "good one" Jake said. Him, Ella , and Allison all had to take a drink. You played for a good fifteen minutes and Carl still hadn't taken a drink "okay Carl take a drink just for the hell of it" Enid said with a smile Carl sighed and grabbed the bottle taking a sip. His nose scrunched up and he covered his mouth, obviously disliking the taste. All of you let out a small laugh shaking your head at him.

"i'm gonna go" You began to stand up and Enid put her hand out for support which you gladly took. It made you feel something. You didn't know what. But something. You plopped back into your spot next to Daryl "you okay kid?" He asked "yeah Im okay, are you okay?" you replied looking over at him he turned to you and nodded. You laid your head on his shoulder Daryl wrapped an arm across your shoulders pulling you closer into his side you closed your eyes "night Dad"......