Part 28: Surprise visit

You sat on the edge of the bed in a pair of pajama shorts and a tee shirt Maggie told you to let your cut 'breath'. You had been sitting here for almost an hour so instead of sitting here any longer you decided to ignore Maggie and just wrap your leg back up. You set the stuff next to you and proceeded to wrap your leg.

The door opened and you turned your head a startled looking Enid standing there "Im sorry I thought you were asleep" she scratched the back of her neck looking down. "No it's okay" you turned back to your leg and you heard her shut the door, and the movement of the mattress told you she had sat on the bed

It may not look like it to everyone else but this injury broke you. Emotionally and well obviously physically. But you tried to keep it together the only time you let yourself cry was late at night when everyone else was asleep. "Maggie said that you'll be able to come out of the house and walk around again by next week" Enid announced happily trying to lighten the mood

You finished wrapping your leg and laid back in the bed leaning on the head board so you could still talk to Enid. "I should've died" you mumbled looking at the bed sheets "what?"

"I can't do anything I can barely walk, if you can't walk you can't defend yourself and that's all you need to do in this world is defend yourself."

Enid didn't know what to say she just sat and looked at you her mouth open ajar. "I mean we're all gonna die eventually so why not go now right?" You swung your legs over the bed which was a bad idea considering your bad leg and foot hit the post at the end of the bed sending a shocking type pain through your whole left leg. You closed your eyes and clenched your jaw for a second before continuing to stand up.

Enid stood up and put out her hand to help but you swatted it away going on your own. "Sorry" you whispered and she nodded, she knew you were stubborn but so was she. Enid put her hand on your shoulder but you ignored it

You opened the door but forgot your blanket that you always kept over your shoulders "fuck" you cursed as you limped over to the bed and snatched it up limping back to the door "careful!" Enid warned as you bumped into the doorframe

"Ffffuuu-" Enid pulled you close and gave your shoulders and gently rub "told you to be careful" Enid jokingly said but you only glared at her in response probably the opposite of what she wanted.

You used the wall to help you walk towards the kitchen and you did you made it to the counter and used it to keep yourself up. You could walk Maggie just kept telling you to not put pressure on it, you barely listened.

There was a knock at the door which Enid rushed to get it would probably take too long for you to get to it anyway. "Hi" you heard Enid speak "hi"

Fuck

It was Carl and you hadn't seen him since that night Enid walked into the kitchen Carl trailing behind you looked up keeping your face completely blank.

"I'm gonna go" Enid awkwardly rushed out slamming the door behind her. You rolled your eyes her obviously forgetting the times you told her not to slam doors.

"How's your leg?" Carl asked sitting in a chair at the counter

"How the fuck do you think?" You snapped but a look of hurt and anger flashes on Carls face. You knew Carl he was gonna snap right back at you and it would start an argument, you knew this too well.