chapter 2

I shut the door behind me and I'm struggling not to drop some books and folders under my right arm and my jacket under my left. People are rushing down the corridors. I try to fit in the flow without striking. I give a sniff at the smell of a bunch of parfumes of different people mixed up while I'm heading straight to my locker. Next to it I see my friend Aria. She has brown straight long hair and a round little snub nose. She usually is the friend who always makes me laugh when no one else can but right now she looks confused. I'm still feets away but her alert glance is confusing me now and her brown wide opened eyes look curious and they tell me she can't wait to talk to me about something.

'Selia hurry up!'

She shouts so that some people turn around wondering if anything unusual happened.

'Aria hey cutie!'

'Would you mind telling me why you and Grayson were together in this classroom for like years until he came out with a huge smile on his face? What happened in there?'

'OMG nothing. Really anything don't worry. BUT...' I start to smile. I can't help it.

'What?! Tell me so that you can stop looking like a happy pancake with these dimples ew.'

'Shut up hahaha!'

I give her a love tap when she starts to hide behind her hands because she thought I would hit her. But I wouldn't. Not right now. She's been way more rude to me and I was to her either so it's fine. I really love her. She's such a good friend actually. I can talk to her about literally everything and she's such a goof. Just as I am. We know each other since kindergarden because our moms are close. And they are like us in so many ways. Which can be kinda annoying at some times bc they are 38 and 40. But Aria and I are like sisters.

'Well Grayson finally asked me what my plans were for tonight.'
I put my books and folders into my locker. I give her a look and she takes my hands while a big smile builds up on her face.

'Are you kidding me?! Aah OMG!'

'Calm down Ari. I don't even know what he's planning. He was awkward.'

'Yup so you are. So you fit perfectly.'

I'm rolling my eyes but I can't stop smiling. She knows how much I think of this guy every day because I'm always bothering her with it and my horny comments how bad I wanna know more about Grayson and his body and his preferences or his condition and much more. She also knows that it's not clear for a long time whether Grayson feels the same way or if she and I just read too much into his behavior.

'Whatever congratulations darling. I'm proud of you.'

'Ya Aria it's okay.'

'I'm just saying.
We go to your house after school and then we can think about what you gonna wear and what he could be planning for your date and everything.'

'Alright.'

I'm not quite sure why but I feel something to my stomach when Aria says that. I guess I'm nervous. But I shouldn't be tho. I know that. Grayson is a funny and goofy guy. No need to worry about anything it's just gonna be fun whatever he's planning for tonight.

'It's not a date. Don't call it like that.'

'What is it then Selia? I'd say it definitely is a date. Like honey listen. Everyone of his and your friends knows that you two would probably be the hottest couple on earth. Just imagine you two horny human beings. In one room. Together. TONIGHT.'

'STOP! It's anything like that. I like him the most because of his adorable character. And btw stop picturing Grayson and me and what we do when we're alone. Or at least don't tell me. That's weird.'

'Alright then. I'll keep my thoughts to myself.'

'Thank you.'

'Oh fuck. Did you do the presentation for history yet?'

'Yeah I did. We have to show them today you know that right?'

'FUCK IT. No I didn't. There wasn't any time left. I had to eat a whole pizza on my own and you could've had remind me actually.'

'Oh dude that sounds stressful tho. Alright we'll just say we did it together. We're a team and we didn't know each student had to have their own presentation.'

'Thank you baby.'

She hugs me and her face is the happy and carefree I love.

Some people are pushing from behind so we decide to hurry. I smash the door of my locker giving the guys a look who were complaining about 'girls who have to talk about their period products and block the way for other people by doing so'. There are way too many dumb asses at my school I would never get along with. I'm glad Grayson isn't one of those. He's more like the guy that joins the hug and doesn't want to get in a fight with anyone. I guess he's just too intelligent. I wanna find out more about him and I can't wait to spend more time with him alone than just about a few minutes.
Then I remember he asked me to go on a date or whatever tonight and I get excited.  I walk behind Aria smiling who's leading me thru the corridors cuz she already notices I'm pretty absent-minded atm.

...