Imagine ▹ Daryl

Relationship: You like each other but neither one knows

Scenario: You're at Hilltop

Y/N is Your Name

"Remind me again why we're here?" You asked Daryl while your eyes scanned over the people farming around you. "It's like we're in a damn movie, everyone pretendin' it's not the end of the world." You scoffed before looking up at the youngest Dixon. "I could'a stayed back home."

"Your da-... Rick wanted you here." Daryl spoke up, chewing his thumb nail. He rolled his eyes when you scoffed, leaning back on the wall. "You're apart of this damn group, Y/N. You're not some piece'a trash, y'know. He cares."

"And what about you?" You pushed, nudging his shoulder. "You probably wouldn't mind me dyin'." Chuckling, you watched his face go from calm to annoyed. "What? Then you wouldn't need to save me every five minutes."

"If that's what you think, you're wrong." He grunted, pushing off the wall and heading inside. He stopped when he saw Abraham and nodded to him in acknowledgement.

"How long you think Rick and Michonne been uggin' bumplies?" Abraham asked, looking to the two of you.

"Dunno." You said with a shrug, sitting on the bottom step of the staircase. "Wait. Did you just say ugging-"

"You ever think about it?" Abraham interrupted you, looking over at Daryl. "Settling down?"

Daryl looked taken aback, shifting on his feet awkwardly. "You think shit's settled?"

"You have a gorgeous woman sittin' right there and you aren't even thinking about it?" Abraham grumbled, motioning over to you.

Daryl's eyes followed Abraham's gesture and shook his head, hurting your feelings a bit. You liked Daryl... Hell you might even love him, and there he was... Saying he wasn't thinking about it.

You looked up at him, your eyes betraying your tough act. "Why not?" You asked, kicking yourself in the ass for opening your mouth.

Daryl raised his eyebrows, his mouth hanging open a bit. "What?"

"I'll leave you to it..." Abraham said with a cocky smirk on his face before walking outside.

"What do you mean 'what?'?" You asked, crossing your arms over your chest. "There somethin' wrong with me?" You had this strange rush of confidence flowing through you as you watched him struggle. "I like you."

Daryl stayed silent when you said this, his eyes never leaving yours as you stood and walked over to him, getting on your tiptoes and touching your lips to his softly. He awkwardly snaked his arm around your waist, pulling you into him.

He pulled away for a moment, your noses still touching. "I like you too..." He whispered before  connecting your lips again.

" He whispered before  connecting your lips again

~Emily