Imagine ▹ Rick Angst/Your Death

You were walking around an abandoned store on a supply run, gun firmly in one hand and flashlight in the other. You sighed, shining the dull light on a box of cereal. There hasn't been many good finds lately, and you knew it was going to get worse the longer the apocalypse went on. You reached through the shelf to get it, your heart stopping when you felt teeth sink into your arm, ripping flesh off. You stumbled backwards, choking out a sob as you shot the walker in the head. Immediately you heard footsteps running towards the sound, and your eyes looked up to meet Rick's. His eyes traveled down to your hand that clutched the bite, tears shining in the darkness. "Well." You breathed, watching him quickly kneel next to you and take your infected arm into his hands. "Fuck." You finished. 

Rick shook his head and a tear fell onto your arm. "No, you can survive this... We just have to-" You cut him off by pulling him into a weak kiss, wiping a tear away with your thumb.

"We'd never make it back to Alexandria in time." You whispered, already losing your vision. "I love you.." You said, your teary eyes meeting his. "When... When I die... I want you to shoot me. Don't let me turn." You mumbled.

"No, Y/N-" He stopped when he saw your eyes glaze over. Rick quickly pulled you into his lap, cradling you as he wept. After a few moments he took a shaky breath and laid you on the ground gently, standing and taking your gun in his hand. He blinked away a few tears before he pulled the trigger hesitantly. He looked down and instantly met your lifeless eyes.