Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

“Yes I remember you. Hard not to,” Layla said while shifting her eyes away from him.

“Oh really? I suppose I am that handsome,” Logan chuckled and gave her a little wink.

“That is so not what I meant!” Layla snapped.

“I know, but you have to admit that you kind of lined yourself up for that one.”

“Whatever. What are you doing anyways? Shouldn’t you be over there dancing with your friends instead of talking to an outsider like me?”

“My dad told me to come keep you company and to make you feel more welcome here,” he replied bluntly.

“Well at least you are honest, I’ll give you that,” she rolled her eyes and moved her feet off of the chair to place them on the floor.

Logan leaned down and took the seat that she had just emptied. She shifted in her chair to put more space between them.

“You look different than what I expected.”

“What does that mean?”

“Well I was hoping you would be ugly, and you aren’t that bad.”

Layla gave him a glare, “Umm…thanks?”

Logan started laughing which just made her punch him in the arm.

“Woah, what was that for?” Logan asked in shock as he rubbed his bicep.

“That was for laughing at me for no good reason. I didn’t know how to respond to what you said and then you turn around and start laughing at me?! Is your entire pack so weird?” Layla blurted.

Logan quieted down and just stared at her, which made her really nervous and uncomfortable. She darted her eyes away from him, and ended up landing them on the girl that she had seen next to Logan earlier. The girl was standing across the room, but was still obviously watching Layla’s every move.

“Who is she?” Layla asked, still deep in thought.

“Who?” Logan asked and turned around searching for whoever she had meant.

“The red head girl in the black skimpy dress. She keeps staring at me like she wants to strangle me. What the hell did I do to her? I don’t even know her,” Layla responded.

Logan quickly turned back to Layla and laughed again, “Don’t worry about her. That’s just Callie. She can get easily possessive at times.”

“Possessive of what?”

“Me. She’s my girlfriend.”

Those simple words stopped the words from coming out of Layla’s mouth. His girlfriend? Well that is just GREAT! Now I’m going to have some psycho jealous girl coming after me just because I’m talking to her man. How much worse can my luck get this week?

“You should be getting back to her then. It’s not very gentleman-like to leave your date hanging like that. Plus, I’m not that great of company anyways.”

Logan arched his eyebrow at her before responding, “She will be fine, and my dad told me to come over here. I follow whatever my dad tells me, and Callie knows that.”

“Why did your dad tell you? Why not some other chump that doesn’t have a girlfriend?”

“Because I’m his son. It looks better when the alphas are courteous, I guess.”

“You were courteous enough as it was on the way here, you don’t need to go out of your way to try to keep me from dying of boredom here. I’ll just drag your mood down with mine. Go have fun.”