Chapter 28

Chapter 28:

Pulling Callie aside, Logan turned to face her. "So what are you doing here?"

"I missed you Logan. Are you not happy to see me?"

Logan scratched the top of his head and thought of how to respond, "I don't know what I am Cal. Things are kind of different now."

Callie appeared as if she was on the brink of tears again, and immediately Logan wished he hadn't spoken those words.

Blinking her eyes a couple of times, Callie said in a low voice, "I need you, Logan. I am nothing without you. You are all I think about day in and day out. I couldn't live another moment without you. I had to find you."

Logan was trying to think of a reason not to be with this frustrating woman in front of him, but the only thing he could think of was wanting Layla. That was no longer an option, though, as her mate was now here with her.

Knowing that he was just settling, but no longer caring, he moved closer to her and said, "You don't have to live without me anymore. You're here with me now, and that's all that matters. I'm all yours, Callie."

A smile spread across her lips and she pushed her body against him, leaning her mouth upwards towards his. Her eyes were glistening with desire as her gaze shifted from his eyes to his lips and back.

At that moment, Layla decided to stomp over to them, "What the hell is going on here? Why is she here?"

Blinking his eyes in confusion, Logan took a step back from Callie and stared at Layla. She was now standing next to them with her hands on her hips. He almost expected her to start tapping her foot on the ground like a scoulding mother.

"I'm here because Logan wants me here. I am his mate you know," Callie's tone of voice completely changed from how she was just talking to Logan a minute ago. Now her voice held an attitude.

"Oh, that's right. I forgot that mates let the other one get imprisoned and tortured. I guess I've been doing it wrong all this time," Layla replied sarcastically as she tilted her head to the side and flung her hands in the air.

Logan couldn't help but snicker at her comment, but immediately held a straight face when both of the girls turned and glared at him.

Callie flipped her hair and turned back to face Layla, "You can think whatever you want. It doesn't change anything. Logan and I are still as strong as ever, and there's nothing you can say to stop that. Isn't that right, baby?" Callie turned back around to face Logan, lightly stroking her fingertips up his arm.

He was still taken aback at Layla's sudden protectiveness, but he tried to keep all emotion from his voice as he spoke, "Is there anything else you wanted, Layla? If so, you better tell me now."

It was now or never. Either she wanted to stay with Shawn, or she wanted to give Logan a chance. One way or another, she had to decide now because he wasn't waiting around to get hurt in the process.

Layla opened her mouth and then closed it again. She repeated that a couple of times. There was so much she wanted to say, but couldn't seem to form the words to say them. Instead she just shook her head and shrugged, "Are you blind?"

Callie let out a fake laugh, "Oh this is just too cute! You have fallen for my boyfriend. Sorry to break it to ya, hun. He's mine and only mine. He doesn't want you. It's funny that you think you could even stand a chance. I mean look at you, and look at me. What man would give all of this up for something plain like you?"

Those words kind of stung Layla. She knew she wasn't the best looking girl, but she thought she had a connection with Logan. Maybe she was just fooling herself.

Ignoring Callie, Logan stepped towards Layla and lifted her chin to look him in the eye, "What am I being blind about?"

"It doesn't matter I guess. You have your girlfriend back now."

"Forget about what she said. Tell me what you were talking about."

Layla tried moving her gaze away from him, but he turned her right back to keep looking him in the eyes. Biting her lip, she lowered her voice to almost a whisper, "Me. You. Us I guess. Am I the only one who felt a spark between us?"

Breathing out a sigh of relief at her words, Logan smirked, "No, you aren't the only one. I feel it too, but what about Shawn?"

"I feel so much closer to you. It's weird because we haven't known each other for very long, but I've never felt this way with anyone before."

"Same here," Logan muttered as he clasped her face in his hands and pressed his lips against hers.

A/N: What do you all think? Please vote and comment :)