The Cute Girl Next Door

*Ryan's POV*

   I had just moved to a new house that was big. I hopped out of the car and the other guys in the truck help get the boxes in. I turn over and see a girl with brown hair and soft brown eyes next door. She was cute, she was wide eyed and I could tell she was a fan. I could use some help unpacking..

   I walked over to her house and she stared. I smiled and she smiled too.

   "Hello, whats your name?" I asked.

   "M-m-my name? Kayla." She said.

   "I can tell you know me." I said.

   "Yes." Kayla nodded. 

   "Well I could use some help unpacking s-" She quickly nodded. I grinned and we walked over. We got in and started to unpack the boxes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   We finished unpacking and I asked if she'd like to stay and get to know each other. That was a quick nod too. We sat on the couch with some snacks and Kayla just looked around shyly. 

   "What do you like to do?" I asked her.

   "Nothing much, my family are never home so I can't ask to sign up for anything or do any practice with stuff that needs more than one person." She answered.

   "Oh, that's sad. I don't have anyone here ever either. I'm busy most of the time though so it works out." I said. 

   "I like to play games though, and just going out and staring at nature. It's really all I can do." Kayla said.

   "That's nice! I like acting, games, and meeting fans. Although.." I wanted to say something, but I was too shy.

   "Although what? You never have time?" She looked into my eyes. I couldn't take it, I leaned in and kissed her. Kayla was surprised at first, but then kissed back. We pulled back, and she looked ready to scream, but there was a silent moment as we just stared into each other's eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Derek's POV*

   I luckily had Tyler's phone number. I had to tell him what happened. He answered. "Hello?"

   "Hi, it's Derek. I have big news! About Kayla!!" I said.

   He was silent for a moment. "What?" He asked. 

   "She said she wouldn't want to be in love with you, but only because you've been friends forever, she doesn't want to change that." I could tell he was holding back tears by the tone of his voice.

   "Really? So, that's it then. I have a 1% chance of dating her."

   I got texted a photo, from Kayla. It showed her and the movie star Ryan. She said they were.. oh no. 

   "... Make that 0." Tyler said, so he got it too. 

   "Well, what about another girl?" I said.

   "There is no other girl, there is only her, she's the only one. It's my fault for not asking sooner..." 

   "I-" I tried to say but he hung up.

   I felt so bad, I felt like I was going to cry. Poor guy... I thought as I put my phone back into my pocket. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Kayla's POV* 

   When I got home, I screamed. Ryan, kissed me, the Ryan, the famous Ryan, kissed me. Of all people, he picked the girl who was never talked to. On the first hour of meeting him too! I texted everyone. Tyler, Derek, mom, dad, Julie, Kyle, they all got it. I could not wait to see the look on Julie's face! She was a fan too, one of them crazy ones. Posters, thinks she knows everything about him, and has a crush. She will scream sssooooo loud when she finds out he's our neighbor, and probably never leave the window.

   I got a text, from Derek. 'Cool, did you know how depressed Tyler is?' I texted back 'why'. He answered immediatly. 'Check your last text to him.' I dropped my phone, lucky there was a carpet, and a case on my phone. I realized why he asked the question 'you can't love him?'. I realized why everyone laughed and stared, along with Derek, who held in a laugh. I realized why Tyler talked to Derek. Everything made sense, and I messed my friendship up with him. No way to fix it, I can't do anything. I texted Tyler, no reply, called him, no reply, he didn't even show up for school on Friday, apparently he called in sick. I cried, I messed everything up. 

   I cried the whole weekend, not bothering to eat, or do anything but sleep. Even when Ryan called, I didn't answer. This messed up my life, and I felt weak. Summer was here, but I didn't care. Ryan finally came up to my door and knocked. I opened it and hid behind the door, sitting and hugging my knees. He found me and sat down in front of me. 

   "Whats wrong?" He asked.

   "My life is dead..." I whispered. He sat next to me, and I felt warm. 

   "What happened?" He said. I didn't answer, but I also didn't want him to leave. I liked the warmth I got from him. He hugged me. "Tell me.." I still didn't answer. At the corner of my eye, I saw Derek at the door. He came for the same reason, I realized I got millions of texts that I didn't reply to, and I'm never busy so that must of been odd to them. Ryan looked at Derek, and Derek looked at me. No one said a thing. We just... sat there. I cried into my arms, Derek stood there, and Ryan stayed exactly where he was. 

   Then someone finally spoke, it was Derek. "Ryan, can you leave for a second?" He said. I wanted him to say no, but he left and Derek sat next to me. "Is it Tyler?" He asked. I nodded slowly.

   "I.. Didn't want to ruin our... Friendship but... That's exactly what I did." I said. 

   "I kinda ruined you didn't I? I just.. Had to tell you." He said.

   "It's okay... You had to.. And I'm happy you did.. I had to.. Of found out sooner or later." I said looking up.

   We sat in silence for a while. "Do you want to be alone?" Derek asked. I shook my head. "Do you want Ryan back?" He asked. 

   "Not now.." I said. 

   "Okay, do you need anything?" He asked.

   Tyler. I wanted to say. "Food..." I said. He nodded. He ran to the house's kitchen and looked at the food. I just sat in silence thinking about Tyler. Is he the same way I am right now?