New Town, New Face

*Tyler's POV* 

   I sneaked out of the house to go run away. I couldn't be depressed forever, I could start something new. No one was home but my mom and my sister and they are looking at clothes, so it was an easy get away. I just ran and didn't look back, I didn't want to be caught. I ran until I could find an airport, I had my stuff but only stuff I needed, including my laptop, phone, and headphones. I had my wallet, luckily enough to buy a plane ticket.

   "One ticket to.. anywhere, fast!" I said to the lady. 

   "Well we have a plane going in an hour to Maine, how about that?" The lady said.

   "Good, thanks." I handed the money and she gave the plane ticket. I turned on my laptop and just searched random things. 

   After watching some YouTube, the lady called. "Plane to Maine is now boarding, all passengers please aboard the plane." She said. I ran to the plane and got on, putting my stuff in the thing above and sitting down. A girl sat next to me with beautiful blonde hair and blue eyes that sparkled. 

   "Hello! I'm Lyra, guess I'm your sitting buddy!" She said. 

   "Hi, I'm Tyler. Nice to meet you, sitting buddy." I laughed a bit.

   "Why are you going to Maine? I'm coming back home from Texas, I took a trip there."

   "Getting away from my old life. I just had my heart broken, my crush that I've loved for awhile now has a boyfriend.." 

   "Oh... So sorry!" I looked at her. 

   "Worst part is, can't get her back because it's a famous man." 

   "Oh... I feel so bad. Wish I could help." Lyra said. She's beautiful.. Maybe there is another I can love.. I thought. I looked down and then out the window. I didn't really want to talk about this anymore. "Hey, if you want, you can stay with my family and I until you find a place to stay." She said. I nodded. I could tell she was smiling behind me, and I smiled too. My new life is starting out well. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Kayla's POV*

   Derek and I just watched TV together and I began to forget the reason I was crying. It started to get dark, so I said goodbye and goodnight to Derek and headed off for bed. 

   I heard a screaming at 1:00am. I think Julie found out about Ryan being next door. I got up, no way I was going back to sleep now! I ran down and of course, Julie was at my window.

   "See you are takinga peek at my man?" I said, giggling.

   "Yeah right! I know you edited that photo, and if it's true, I'm stealing him from you!" Julie said. Gee, she is crazy. 

   "Okay, whatever. Try to, I don't think you'll win." 

   "Well I have something you don't, beauty. I think Ryan would pick the beauty other than the beast." 

   "Mhm. Okay, whatever." Then my phone rang. It was Derek. This early? Guess we both are awake. I answered.

   "Hello? Who is this?" He asked.

   I laughed. "It's Kayla." 

   "Hi Kayla! I was hoping you were awake, you sound happy!" 

   "So do you! What did you call about?"

   "Want to hang out later? I have nothing to do today."

   "Sure! I never have anything, so sure!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Tyler's POV*

   We finally got to Maine and we were heading out of the airport. 

   "Where's the house?" I asked.

   "You don't need to know because my mom is picking us up from the airport. I call her to make sure it's okay you are staying." Lyra said and walked off to call her mother. I sat there for a while and thought about things. Like Lyra, Kayla, and my new life. Then Lyra came back and she was smling. 

   "My mom says it's fine you are staying, as long as you don't stay forever." She said.

   "I don't plan on doing that!" I said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Lyra's POV*

   My mom finally got here and came out of her car to greet us.

   "Hello! Who's your friend?" Mom asked.

   "Mom this is Tyler, Tyler this is my mom." I said smiling. Tyler held out his hand.

   "Nice to meet you!" He said. My mom nodded and smiled.