I Should've Thrown Away My Shot

A/N: implied stuff, like it did happen trust me, sorry if you don't like it sorry, but it's part of the story. Also there's like cuss word but if I didn't add it, it would be a little weird, I promise I'm not doing it again, I also usually don't use cuss words but for this one I had to.

Lafayette's POV 3 months later March of 1781

We all walked down to the nearest bar, it was the same bar three months ago that me and Y/N made our relationship official. We were there for a while Y/N had about 3 drinks and you could tell that her alcohol tolerance was low by her third she was tipsy and almost fell off of her barstool, so she ended up clinging to me the whole night, let's just say we were both bright red.

"Hey, Laaaaaaf," she said I could tell she was drunk, "I don't feel so well," "mon Angie would you like to go back to the camp sight," I said pushing the hair in her face away. She just shook her head and I told mon amis, what happened and what they did was just whistle and yell got get'er, I don't know if that's some American custom, when you help a drunk girl or what but I just ignored it. Before I left I finished my shot that the bartender had just poured before Y/N, said she needed to go, that was a mistake, I'm sure I felt just as terrible as she did, we got to the camp sight and that's all I remembered.

~~~time skip to the next morn, gotta love'em~~~

I woke up I wasn't in my uniform and neither was Y/N. We weren't even dressed, wait what happened, I was the only one up Y/N, was peaceful and laying in my arms, my hair was out messy and poofy. Y/N was perfect she was glowing, her hair was messy, but as ever she was perfect.

I woke up to the same noise I woke up to 3 months ago when me and Y/N passed out together but this time, we didn't pass out I think IT actually did happen. I woke up to the sound of people talking but this time it wasn't just two it was 5, Jonathan, Oskar, Alexander, John and Mulligan. Shoot, this wasn't good.

"Okay," Alexander said "they have to have hooked up," Mulligan said "They did while you two were drunk I was trying to stay sober, for once, they left three hours before us. Y/N, was drunk and Lafayette was just about there before he took a shot, that shot set him over the edge," John said. "We may wanna keep it down, one of them could be fake sleeping," Jonathan said, "I agree with Jonathan," Oskar said.

Then I heard a another voice but it wasn't any of the five who were currently talking it was Y/N. "Goddamnit, my head is pounding," then in unison I heard all five of them say "shit," "AHW," She screamed "why are all five of you in here," "umm, Y/N," he paused "you might wanna see who you're with" Alexander said. She looked down and saw who she was with, then I heard her silently gasp "oh my god, I'm not even married, what have I done," she said did she not want me?

I couldn't help but feel bad, she was so pure, so sweet, so amazing and I basically took advantage of her. She was now basically hidden by my body I was on my side in front of her and she had laid back down. I grabbed her waist and held her tight. She just grasped my arm back as if that was her of hugging me.

"Can you guys please leave," she said trying to hold back tears. All 5 men left immediately at her wish. She turned to her side to face me assuming I was still asleep, grabbed my cheek with my face and started crying, "what have I done," she said.

I grabbed her and held her tight as she cried, "Laf I'm sorry I couldn't become pregnant during the revolution and it's my fault for getting drunk, thanks to me I couldn't bring a human into a terrible world," she said cry and clinging to me. "Mon amour you listen to me," I said cupping her face "if you bring a child into the middle of this war it will just give this world another reason to fight harder, especially me," "but, Lafa-" "no buts, Y/N, if you are to become pregnant I will take care of you and my child."

I sat there and held her for about and hour before she said "Laf I think I need to change," "go ahead mom amour." She changed and I followed right behind her. We left the campsite and set off for a walk.

"Mon amour," "hm," "why were you so scared of having a child," "can we not talk," she paused and stopped walking "especially about that." There was something wrong. I fell back and came to her side. I held her waist and she wrapped her arms around my neck, and cried. "Mon amour, I'm sorry for bringing up a sore subject," "it's fine and I should probably explain why I'm scared to have children or even one, my mother died when I was really young, in my teens. I was left without a female figure and if i were to have a child, especially a girl, and I left her whether intentionally or not intentionally, I would feel so bad, I don't want to die in this war, and leave my baby even if she/he isn't born." She said

"Mon amour, I'm so sorry," I said still clinging to her and the same way around. "Laf, promise me something," "mom amour anything," "if I am to have a child," she paused "I won't ever leave you I will take care of both you and my child," "thank you Laf," and she kissed me.

We continued our walk side by side her leaning on me, in complete silence, but she asked if we could just walk, of course I agreed. We made our way back to the campsite where we snuggled up and fell asleep.

A/N: stuff ^_^ love y'all!!!😊💗💛💗😊