8 ~ Kings College

May 30
It was starting to near the end of the school year, and as the days went by school just kind of turned into the teachers reading while we all watched Netflix on our phones. I wasn't watching Netflix though, I was talking to Alex 100% of the time. The more free time teachers gave us, the more I got to talk to him.
Alexander💕: good morning my lovely. I hope you have a beautiful day!
AmericanBoy❤️: good morning dear, I'll be able to talk to you lots today!
Alexander💕: good cuz I like talking to you
AmericanBoy❤️: I do too
Alexander💕: 13 days till you're a high school graduate. How does it feel to be almost officially an adult?
AmericanBoy❤️: so weirddddd but I'm super excited to be out of this hell hole. I'm moving to New York and going to college
Alexander💕: I'm working my ass off to get to Kings in New York. Where do you wanna go?
AmericanBoy❤️: Kings College! Oh, gtg. I'll talk to you later my dearest
Alexander💕: 😘😘
I sat in Mr. Washingtons class, dying of boredom. He took away our electronics and told us to socialize in real life. I'm not friends with anyone in that class so I just opened my bag and took out the picture I keep with me of Alex. I was so caught up in his eyes that I didn't hear Mr. Washington. Not until he was standing in front of my desk.
"Mr. Laurens are you with us?" He growled, plucking the picture from my fingers. I looked up at him, my face beat red.
"S-sir... may I have that back please?"
"And who is this?" He asked me, turning the picture around so that he could see it.
"M-my friend..." I stuttered out, my face getting redder by the second.
"And tell me, Mr. Laurens why this picture of your "friend" is more important than your studies."
"H-he's not sir! I mean... I... He...um.." Suddenly Mr. Washington burst out laughing.
"Son, I'm just messing with you!" He leaned down so that I could only hear him "and I highly doubt that he's just your friend with the way you were staring at that photograph." I felt my face flush an even deeper red than before as I covered my face with my hands. He set the photo down on my desk, looking me in the eye.
"I would like to speak to you after class, Mr. Laurens." He said sternly, walking away. What did I do? I can usually escape the wrath of my father, but if he gets a call from my school I'll be dead. Especially if it's about Alex.
I sat down nervously across from Mr. Washington at his desk, my hands shaking.
"Mr. Laurens, what college to you want to go to?" He asked me.
"Kings College in New York City, sir"
"Well, your grades are phenomenal, Mr. Laurens. And we would like to offer you a full scholarship to Kings College. How would that be?" He smiled at me. HOLY SHIT!!!! I couldn't even form words. Holy shit.
"That... sir... wow... thank you!!" I stuttered out, a huge smile on my face.
"And in other news," he smiled down at his computer screen "A certain Alexander Hamilton is also receiving a full scholarship to the same school."
I'm gonna shit myself. I didn't mean to, but I screamed. Mr. Washington just chuckled. I took out my phone and called Alex.
"Hello?"
"ALEX WE'RE GONNA GO TO THE SAME SCHOOL OMIGOD I CANT BELIEVE IT LEXI WE'RE GONNA BE TOGETHER!!!!" I screamed into the phone, a huge smile on my face.
"AHHH I really wanna say the L word right nowwwwwww"
"Me too but we promised we wouldn't until we met and my history teacher is sitting in front of me soooo..."
"Yeah... guess not. But when we're in college we'll get to say it all the time!!"
"Yeah!! I have to go, teachers getting impatient but I'll talk to you later!"
"Goodbye doll!"
"Goodbye my dear."
When I hung up Mr. Washington was smiling at me.
"Young love," he sighed, ushering me out of his office. When I got home, the strangest thing happened. My father was waiting for me at the door.
And he hugged me.
"I'm proud of you son, a full scholarship. Now all you need is a pretty wife and a few kids and I'll be the proudest father alive." He smiled. I didn't, it was time to tell him.
"Dad..."
"Yes, son?"
"I'm gay."