16 ~ She/Her

Lafayette's POV
I woke up next to Hercules, my body freezing cold as I looked down at myself. I was naked. I started to remember the night before, smiling as I stood up, grabbing some clothes and throwing them on, hoping that my grandmother did not ask any questions. I looked in my full length mirror, frowning. Something just doesn't feel right... I ran my hand over my chest, tilting my head at myself in the mirror. Something is wrong.
I didn't even think, I grabbed one of my grandmothers bras from the laundry, sprinting into the bathroom. I took off my shirt, putting the bra on and stuffing it with toilet paper.
When I put my shirt back on and looked in the mirror, it all seemed so... perfect.
I'm Transgender.
Before I could react, the bathroom door was opened, and Hercules was standing right in front of me.
"Babe?" He said, looking confused as he moved toward me, reaching his hand out to touch me.
"Go away," I said weakly, backing away from him "please."
"No," he said sadly, reaching toward me "it's okay. I still love you, even if you're trans.... are you?" I nodded, several tears falling down my face.
"I've never really felt like a b-boy..."
"That's okay love... do you want to be called something else?"
"Well, one of my names is already Marie so.. that? And then... she/her I guess."
"Okay," he smiled, pulling me close and kissing the top of my head "I love you all the same."
"I love you too, thank you so much for this."
"It's the least I can do, princess." I blushed, hugging him tighter.
"Gilbert!!" I heard my grandmother yell from downstairs "your friend is here!!"
"Who?"
"John!"
"Come on up Johnny Boy!!" I yelled, taking the bra off and throwing it down on the ground as I walked back into my room with Hercules at my side.
"Hey guys!" John smiled, walking into my room.
"Hey John, how ya been?" Hercules asked, patting him on the back.
"Meh," he shrugged "I miss my boyfriend."
"Well, mon ami... can I tell you something? It has to be a, how you say, secret."
"Okay," John said, looking concerned.
"I am... transgender." I said slowly. John smiled, enveloping me in a hug.
"I'm so proud of you, Laf." He said, pulling away slowly "what do you want to be called now?"
"Marie, it is my first name after all." I smiled, feeling pure pride for being myself.
Johns POV
I smiled, hugging Marie one last time before leaving. I walked back to the Washingtons house, going upstairs to my room to Skype Alex. He picked up on the second ring, smiling at me as soon as he picked up.
"Hello dear." I smiled, staring into his beautiful eyes.
"Hi." He said, frowning a little "I miss you so bad... I hate it so much."
"I know..." I sighed "I'll see you in four months..."
"I don't want to wait four months! We won't even be together for our anniversary!" He shouted, tears forming in his eyes.
"I'm sorry, Alex. I could get plane tickets to come to Nevis to help you pack up and then we could spend our anniversary together." I suggested.
"I really don't want you to see this place, it's horrid." He frowned, looking around his room. It didn't seem as messy as he clearly thought it was, but maybe everything outside of that room really was terrible. He said that the people of the town were hard at work trying to repair the devastation that the hurricane left behind.
"... I don't care. I just want to be close to you."
"I know... but... it's so awful. And they'd make you help clean up."
"That's okay, I don't mind." I smiled, looking at him softly.
"I love you so much."
"So is that a yes?" I asked hopefully
"If you really want to." He smiled.