Chapter 2

Bokuto's POV
I was looking out of the coffee shops window, waiting patiently for my latte to be ready. The cold feeling had finally started to fade away and I was entranced by the beauty of the leaves falling delicately from the large oak tree outside.
Winter had finished about 3 weeks ago but this was the first time I'd seen it be beautiful. The rain had finally stopped but the sky was still a saddening shade of grey. I caught a slight glimpse of movement in the corner of my eye and watched as two birds sat on a tree branch together.
Some time had passed by this point and the birds were still there and I was still watching, engrossed in their every movement.
"Bokuto-san, your latte is ready."
Said an angelic voice, snapping me from my trance. I turned my head only to be greeted by the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen.
It glowed a wondrous mixture of colours that there were no words to describe. It was quite a change to the bleak sky outside and I saw it as almost blinding.
I'd been staring and was still watching as his hands placed the drink on the table, I admired how slim his fingers were and was enraptured in the way his fair skin shone. I saw that Akaashi was becoming quite uncomfortable at this point. His shuffling of feet and twiddling of fingers was screaming 'you're making me feel anxious' and the last thing I wanted to do was make him feel out of place.
I smiled as I raised my head slowly so our eyes could meet.
Mistake.
His eyes were so pretty. They were so captivating. I couldn't look away.
Shit. I was staring again.
The light was bouncing onto his eyes perfectly, looking like stars dancing in the night.
Now engrossed I watched intently, wondering what it would be like to travel to space. To see the universe, to explore.
'I'd love to explore his universe.' I thought to myself.
A slight blush rose in my cheeks as I realised that I had in fact not thought that in my head, but out loud for the rest of the world to hear.
I was frantically trying to take back what I'd said and was getting flustered in the process.
"I-it's. I-i mean, that's i-if y-you wanted me t-to." I managed to stammer out of me before covering my mouth quickly. What a fool I am. Why did I say something like that?
Akaashi was seeming very uncomfortable at this point, his face was a crimson colour matching my t-shirt very well.
I tried to apologise to him but he stopped me.
"I-it's okay Bokuto-san. It's just a joke right?" He asked me, while laughing nervously.
"It wasn't really a joke." I told him, sheepishly.
I really like this boy. I don't know why but I do. I'm drawn to him despite my lack of knowledge on him. I looked down at my latte, focusing on every slight ripple it made on the surface. I wasn't ready for this boy to reject me. I don't know why, but I wasn't willing to walk away from this.
It's the first thing I've wanted even more than volleyball before.
I mean, volleyball is the best thing, and I'm mean the BEST thing ever! I'm lucky enough to be in my 3rd year at Fukurodani and our team is the reason our school is considered a 'powerhouse' school.
But the teams not been the same recently, since our setter graduated we've been unable to play properly. Maybe Akaashi is a setter?
"Hey Akaashi, do you play volleyball?"
The still violently blushing Akaashi seemed slightly surprised at my question.
"I used to, in junior high. But I wasn't that good."  He'd said the last bit with a slight sadness and looked down gloomily as I opened my mouth to speak.
"Akaashi that's awesome!! What position did you play?" I was excited now, maybe I had really found a setter. Wait? But what school did he go to? I mean he looks about my age but he could be older than me.
"Wait Akaashi, before you answer that. How old are you?" I cut him off just as he was about to reply to my previous question and pounced at him with another.
"I'm 17. Starting my second year at high school. What about you Bokuto-san?" He questioned me, expectant for an answer. But I didn't reply.
This boy was only a year younger than me. Does this mean I have a chance? Like a real chance?
"Bokuto-san." My train of thought interrupted by a soft voice.
"Huh?" I asked, quite confused having zoned out of the previous conversation.
"How old are you?" He spoke patiently.
"I'm 18." I answered him quickly. Only noticing at this point that he'd seated himself at the table across from me. The time was 20:30pm and the shop would be closing in just under half an hour.
I was now the only customer left, apart from a couple just finishing up there drinks that would soon be heading out the door.
"We're almost the same age Bokuto-san. Does that mean you're in your third year?" He was smiling brightly at me while asking the question.
"Yes, that's right." I told him.
"That means you're my senpai doesn't it? Should I call you senpai from now on?" He'd asked me innocently, with his mouth still grinning widely at me.
"Maybe you should." I laughed, while smirking at him.
"Okay Bokuto-senpai."
"On second thoughts Bokuto-san is fine." I assured him, not relishing the way it sounded to be called senpai.
It was getting dark rapidly outside and I was aware of the time by this point. My mum would soon be wondering where I was, and school started again tomorrow.
I needed to get home so I bid Akaashi my farewells and was on my way.
That is before I reassured him, mainly for my own comfort, that I would be back again soon.

--

A/N: I was really eager to update so here you go, the next part of the story a whole week and a day early. Do you guys think this story is moving too fast? Please let me know! Thank you if you're reading these chapters I appreciate it. (: