Run - 3

Roy anxiously watched the clock and then glanced at his watch. "Genevieve is never late..." he mumbled.
      "Would you relax! I'm sure she's fine. I mean everyone has been late at one point or another" Johnny called from doing the dishes.
      They had eaten breakfast already and even though she didn't eat much, Ginger was normally already here. Roy looked at the clock again and then his watch.
      Captain Stanley furrowed his brows. He couldn't just sit and watch one of the best paramedics in the county go crazy. "Roy? Why don't you call her?"
      There was a clatter of dishes and the guys looked up at Gage who had turned around. "Cap she's fine!" Hank was just about to get onto him when he noticed that John wasn't trying to be difficult. He was trying to convince himself.
      "Well why don't you call her and tell her to get down here" the captain insisted. The words hung in the air for a while causing a more than tense situation.
      The red haired paramedic got up and headed toward the phone. Just then the Klaxons went off and Roy spun around nearly slipping as he dashed for the squad. They couldn't get to their vehicles fast enough.
      "Station 51. Car accident with injuries. Intersection Morgan and Pilgrim. Morgan and Pilgrim. Time out 7:31." "Station 51 10 - 4"
      Roy realized that Genevieve lived on Willow which branched off from Morgan. It was the fastest way to get to the station from her house and it was only a few blocks away from here.
      Panic rose in his chest and sat there stubbornly like a heavy stone. Please. Lord please say it isn't her. Please say she's ok.
******