The Way Things Go

"What?!" I exclaimed. This is ridiculous. I don't even know this guy.

"Exactly what I said Lucy Heartfilia. You and Ben have caught my attention as a couple! Cool!" I looked at the smirking Ben next to me and looked at the reporter man or who ever he is. "This is a mistake. I dong even know Ben. He barely even said hi to me and plus, I have a boyfriend."

"Really? I didn't see you with anyone while you've been here." Ben remarked. That's when I looked at him kind of creeped out that he has been watching me for a while.

"Well he isn't here because..." I looked around nervous when my bestie came and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "Because me, her best friend, and her were having a girls night together. So sorry Ben, she is taken." Liss started pulling me away when I saw Ben pay the blonde man. That explains it but apparently Lissana's comment didn't stop Ben. He came running towards us.

"Look Lucy, your imaginary boyfriend is not going to stop me from pursuing you. At one point you will give in to my total good looks. I am handsome after all."  I rolled my eyes and continued to get pulled away. He was at my heels though and wouldn't leave me alone.

At one point Liss got annoyed and looked him straight in the eyes. "Look Ben. Lucy is not interested, so just leave. You don't want Lucy's boyfriend to see you chasing after her. He will end you. He's been know for that so leave her alone." Ben glared at Lissana and talked slowly. "Look, if Lucy wants me to leave her alone, she'll tell me."

I raised an eyebow, "Really, that's all it'll take for you to leave me alone? Alright. Ben I want you to leave me alone and I want nothing to do with you." He looked at me for a second. "No you don't. You are attracted to me and are just saying that because Elsa over here is telling you what to say." I looked over to see Liss turning red . "Never mind. Now she looks like little Tinkerbell. Aww so cute."

"Listen here Be.." Before my best friend could say anything I walked up to him and slapped him. There seemed to actually be an echo resounding despite the different arcade games sounds.

He turned to look at me and grabbed me by my wrist. He yanked it up and tried circling his other hand around my waist, but I kneed him where the sun don't shine. It was a low blow but that's where girls have an advantage. He let go of my wrist and fell to the floor in agony. "Bitch!!" He shrieked while Lissana was trying to surpress a laughter next to me.

He stood up weakly and was getting closer to me when Jellal and Laxus appeared next to me and glared down Ben.

"Umm. Do we have a problem here?" Asked Jellal.

Ben looked at both of the boys and then at me. He looked at me with a mixture of anger and something I wasn't sure of. It was kind of like he was surprised but then again not. He clutched his pained manhood and walked away.

"Thanks guys. Y'all are the best." I turned to the guys. They just smiled and walked me and Liss to the table the girls where all at. They were trying the hotwings that were suggested when they first arrived.

"Lu-chan!!" Exclaimed. "These are delicious!!" She was in the middle on ending a little basket of them. Poor wings. I sat down next to Erza whom was enjoying a strawberry cake. Not a slice. A whole cake. This woman. We stayed at the arcade for another two hours until everyone was tired. We left the M & Z and were on our way to our cars when Levy pulled me to he side.

"Lu-chan, I don't know what happened after we left but really he's miserable. You should have seen him when he arrived without you at the beach. He looked like the saddest puppy ever. I know that he is the one that messed up but you should try talking to him. Please." I looked at her and hesitated.