A Broken Reality

The sudden halt of all the vehicles startled all the students aboard the busses and cars. Everyone was confused but ordered to not get off. The line began moving little by little. Natsu's sports car was leading all the cars so they were right in front. Bright lights flashed and illuminated inside the sun proof cars. Police vehicles surrounded the whole area with all the security you could imagine. Curiosity struck all the students so they were peering out the window.

~Lucy's POV~

"License and registration please." The tall police man was talking to Natsu. "Hey Luce, can you get me the registration please." I nodded and got it out of the glove compartment. Natsu showed it to the police officer. The man left and shortly came back, but on my side. "Ma'am, we are going to need you to step out of the car for a moment."

"Wait, is something wrong officer?" Natsu got on defense mode or something.

"Sir, stay calm. We just need to ask Mrs. Heartfilia some questions. That is all."

"Don't worry Natsu. I'll be fine." I got out of the car and was led into a small tent. When I entered, I was relieved. "Greetings General Scarlet. What brings you around here?" She looked at me dead in the eye with a scowl. "Please leave me alone with Luciana...NOW!!" All the officers ran out pretty quickly to not anger her further. As soon as they left, Erza's mom cracked a smile. "Hello sweety. Sorry about that. I can't go around showing my good side like it's candy." We both laughed and sat down. She stared at her coffee and spoke. "So here's the thing Lily, I need your help."

I was confused, but willing. "Anything I can help you with, I will." She took a deep breath and looked at me. "Well, I'm going to overseas to America soon. You know, being the chief of the Japanese marines and all, and I don't know how to tell Erza."

"You know, you scared me for a while. At first I thought it would be something hard. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure I can help you with th-"

"That is not what I need assistance with. My husband's company has gotten more and more popular, but that means that it is going to start getting competitors. Right now, the Fernandez industry is neck to neck for third in the the world with my husband. We don't want any necessary feud and we have only one way to avoid this."

"And that is?" I did not like where this was going.

"We need Erza to marry the Fernandez that will inherit the company from his parents." I knew I didn't like where this was going, and I hope I get a good answer of this next question."And who is the son that will inherit the company?"

She looked at me hesitant and then down at her coffee.
•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I walked out of the tent with her words echoing in my head. I looked up and saw that the blockade was gone and the busses were gone. The only car that remained was my boyfriend's. I knew he wouldn't leave me. Natsu got out of the car and walked over to me. He looked at me and knew something was up. I can't hide anything from him and I like that.

"Hey Luce. What happened in there?" He had a soft voice that made me smile. It took me a minute to explain everything that Erza's mom told me. He widened his eyes when I told him. "We have to tell them that they can't. They will associate both company's to the Fiore Boys and will be able to bring us down quickly!" He began to yell.

"But what if Erza is happy with Jellal!? You can not ruin their happiness!!" I began to respond to his screams. His gentle voice obviously gone.

"What would you know!? I'm second in command and your just a girl that doesn't know how to deal with emotions. See? There's a big difference so don't tell me something dumb like that they are in love. You don't see things around you and look at them!! You were even stupid enough to get marked by the enemy. As the matter of fact, I don't even know why I made you one of us. Your just a worthless girl!!" Tears began streaming down my face. I guess that's how he feels. "Well I guess you could say that your right." I took the engagement ring off and threw it at him with anger burning in my eyes and sadness hitting my heart. "And I guess since I'm so worthless, I was just simply another fling. I wish I had never remembered you Dragneel." I ran down the road and signalled a taxi. I got in and told the driver to just drive. The tears in my eyes made it really hard to see where I was going. All I know is that I needed my best friend right now.
•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°