Marriage Made In Heaven - Chapter 13

Ethan didn't arrive back for dinner and Zach made the excuse to Millie that he must have been summoned by his father as I helped her dish it up.

"I don't need to know what happened," he spoke to my mind. "For him to leave your side, it can only mean that you sent him away."

I thought back over what had happened and wondered if that was what had happened. I had pointed to the door, told him to leave and I knew it caused him pain as he held my hand to his chest so I could feel it. All caused by my over reaction as I was confused and embarrassed, because I don't know how to handle what is going on between us. Coupled with the fact that I don't 'know' what is going on between us.

He is attracted to me because of a calling, a calling to mate. Like animals.

"Libby, you are crying into the salad," Zach whispered in my mind.

"Oh," I said wiping the tears away before Millie saw them and sneaking off upstairs to the bathroom.

"Call him back," Zach whispered.

"He doesn't hear my thoughts," I thought back, tears running down my face.

Zach appeared in front of me, his finger stealing a tear and disappearing.

"Angels are messengers remember," he said.

I blinked away another tear and Ethan appeared scooping me up into his arms. I squeezed him so tight he was lucky to still be breathing. Breaking away I kissed him over and over saying sorry. I was heart broken at causing him pain. I had been hurt in return for hurting him. I knew now that he completed me, I felt it... when he held me, when we were together I felt whole. Ying and Yang.

The room spun and I felt the bed at my back as Ethan lay on top of me, kissing me with such passion and I returned it.

"Tell me," he said as he stopped kissing me to gaze into my eyes.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Not that," he said with an adoring sweet smile.

"What?" I asked him.

"What was in your tear? Tell me what you felt," he said.

"Lost, confused, lonely, hurt, anxious, pining," I reeled off the list as I thought of them and watched his smile grow wider.

"Which means?" he prompted.

I looked up as his beautiful face, confused. His blue eyes rolling as he shook his head exasperated.

"Say it," he said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"How you feel about me," he said disappointment growing in his expression.

"Oh erm," I thought about it and my eyes widened, my hand clasping to my mouth in shock as I realised.

"Speak, human," he commanded in jest as he removed my hand.

I couldn't speak, I was gob smacked.

Ethan stroked his fingers across my cheek, as he gazed adoringly at me. His face lowering to kiss me as I drown in his kiss.

"I love you," I whispered against his lips.

"I love you too," he whispered back as the intensity of the kisses grew deeper and I felt it, recognised it, it was pure love. He loved me and I love him, husband and wife. Not two people forced into marriage via circumstance. We were soul mates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a good few minutes of kissing and gazing into each others eye, we returned to the kitchen to help with dinner.