Marriage Made in Heaven - Chapter 35

I woke with the feeling that I had been asleep a long time. Ethan had obviously gone to sort out Daniel or been summoned.

The image of Daniel's face lit up my mind like the sun and I quickly flung on some clothes and transported to go see if he was taking a nap.

He was! I stared at him. He was so perfect. So beautiful.

I heard voices and decided to listen at the door.

"We are not together," Ethan said to his mother.

"You had a union," his mother said.

"That is just sex, it is not a union," Ethan said.

"Ethan you know that is a union in this realm," she snapped. "Do not use the human realm as an excuse to fuck a human!" Her voice was shockingly angry.

"She fucked me. You said give her whatever she wants and that is what she wanted," Ethan said.

"So are you saying it meant nothing?" his mother asked.

"I'm saying that you are all expecting love and it isn't," he replied. "It is just a physical act of self gratification and release."

"Ethan I know you still don't remember her before the spell was cast over you and you still struggle with acknowledging your relationship but you have been so good with her since her initial return. You have been her confidante, she loves being around you and the baby. Ok it has been difficult lately for you both because she has inherited her fathers inquisitive nature and received punishment which led to things I dare not think about but she is your wife," my mother said. "Please."

"She is not my wife. Till death do us part remember," he said.

"You could re-join, you had a union, why didn't you do it then?" his mother asked.

"It wasn't a union. It was SEX! I won't be forced into marriage," he replied. "I acknowledge our relationship so far as she is the mother of my child and I do as you ask mother. I stay through all the hard times, I raise Daniel," Ethan said. "But with death I have to forego my rights and let her be at peace. I did that. I was not willing to risk her soul to sooth my own or yours. She is no longer bound to me or I to her. She is the mother of my son and I will watch over her soul."

"What you do, you do out of duty Ethan. Do you not feel the call?" my mother asked.

"Yes I feel the calling but it is weak," he said.

"But it is there," his mother replied. "Don't let it weaken any further. If you do someone will walk in and steal her from you or you from her. Ethan are you willing to let someone else love her?"

"Yes," he answered.

Isobel broke down in tears and my mother joined her seconds later as I listened behind the door. I was shocked, numb and jumped when I heard Raguel's voice.

"Raguel, tell him," Isobel said.

"The call wasn't weak when they tried to tear her from your arms when we first got her back and neither was it this time," Raguel said. "It wasn't weak when you saw what she was subjected to and it was the same before when he mimicked your essence to intoxicate her soul. You felt jealousy, betrayal and an over whelming urge to smite him for forcing himself on her like that. Underneath it all you wanted to be able to touch her and have it reciprocated. You saw how she reacted to your essence and you wanted to see how you would react to hers."

"If I allow myself to be with her before we know who is behind all of this Evil and why, I am putting her and our child at risk," Ethan said.

"You are risking it all anyway but standing back and watching her instead of engaging in a life together," Raguel said.