Marriage Made In Heaven - Chapter 24

The next few weeks were amazing. I had spent the majority of my time with Ethan, Daniel, Millie, Zach and Charlotte. Just discovering things again.

We went on a picnics where the children could crawl around freely without having to worry about what they were going to touch next. I could lie on the grass in the sun just dozing off to sleep with my belly full of amazing food that Millie had made. She said they were all my favourites and she had made a little of each to see if the taste brought back any memories. They didn't but I enjoyed the experiment.

I looked after Daniel for Ethan whilst he went to do 'Angel' stuff and my parents didn't mind as they obviously adored the baby as much as I did. They also didn't mind that I sometimes stayed over at Ethan's or Millie and Zach's, half the time it was because I fell asleep as my mind was tired from learning all the new stuff but I assumed my parents were used to it from before and they even seemed happy. My mother said Ethan had always made me glow and being around him was good for my soul, which meant it was good for my recovery.

Daniel was still grounded but Ethan had lifted mine as I was babysitting for him and who knows when I would need it.

I was naughty on one occasion and transported myself to the human realm to get an ice lolly as it was just too hot. I leant against the kitchen wall and took a delicious bite when Zach appeared.

"Is that Chocolate?" he asked his eyes wide.

"Yeah it is an Ice Lolly," I said waving it in the air and watched his face light up. "Do you want some?" I asked pointing it towards him so he could have a bite.

"Can I?" he asked shocked that I was sharing.

"Yeah, sure," I said shoving it towards him.

He leant forward and bit it, closing his eyes as his teeth bit through the hard chocolate shell, into the chocolate ice cream and hit the harder chocolate centre.

I tugged it, he wasn't letting go. "Zach, get your teeth off, you are biting the stick," I said laughing at his mischievousness. "Zach off," I said laughing and pulled it again, he refused to let go.

"Zach, you greedy bugger, get off my ice lolly," I giggled and tried to wrestle it back as he laughed and finally let go.

God he was sexy! That naughty twinkle in his eye was to die for....

His head snapped to the side and his expression changed to serious.

"Can we all join in or is it just my husband you want to play a sexy ice lolly game with?" Millie asked her tone and glare was shocking.

"Sexy Ice Lolly game?" I asked.

"Just fuck off Libs," she snapped and stormed off, as I watched her leave I knew she was crying.

I looked towards Zach but he was gone. I was confused, I didn't know whether I wanted to cry because she was crying and it upset me to see her like that or because I was hurt by the way she spoke to me.... Did she think I was... no she wouldn't.... I mean it is Zach... Not only would I never but he would never either.

Her words and expression flew around in my head making me feel sick and dizzy as I tried to sort out what it all meant. God damn this fucked up brain of mine... Sure I had momentarily thought he was sexy and to die for but in relation to Millie and how lucky she was to have him, not for me to like him in that way! How could she think that?

Tears stung my eyes as I looked at the half eaten lolly still in my hand and placed it on the side in Millie's kitchen, along with the one out of my pocket I had brought for her and transported myself to god know where but at least I was out of there.