#4 First Task

----Percy's POV----

Rita Skeeter, dressed in bright green with her hair in tight curls looks like a person that will bend the truth, someone who would write things about people then make them seem more foul then they are.

There she is taking a photo of the champions and me before she came to introduce herself and shook our hands telling us that she writes for the daily profit. She wanted to write about us saying that everyone wanted to know.

"Shale we start with the youngest" she said looking at harry, "Lovely" she said dragging him off into a closet.

After that incident I knew that she really liked to bend the truth.

----Time Skip----

Thalia and I were out in the woods again at night when we began to hear roars. Thalia took out her bow and I took out my sword.

We slowly approached a clearing, we saw men with fire breathing creatures inside crates.

"Dragons" Thalia whispered

"Do you recon that has to do with the first task" I whispered to her

"Most likely, why else would they be hear" she answered

We watched the men try and take care of the dragon as they blew fire at them, we herd talking behind us so we quickly hid ourselves out of sight. We saw one of the teachers Hagrid and Harry.

"Why are they doing here" Thalia whispers sharply

"Hagrid is most likely helping Harry" I whispered

We watched them come closer to the dragons and I saw that Hagrid had an attempt to look nice, I had no idea why until Madam Maxime showed up and Harry put on an invisibility cloak on, I'd admit it was a bit weird to see them like that.

The next day I was with Thalia and another hunter named Lola talking about the next challenge in the courtyard when I heard the teacher Moody shout. We looked over and saw him turn a blond Slytherins into a ferret.

Thalia and Lola were laughing at the male, Professor McGonagall came and intervened turning the bot back into a human but he had messed up hair, he backed away from Moody saying 'my father will hear about this' then panicked when Moody limped towards him. The blond and his goons ran away, McGonagall roused on Moody but when she turned to leave he made a funny face.

I chuckled at how childish he was, he left taking Potter with him.

----Time Skip----

It was time for the challenge and I already had a plan in mind. I was in the tent with the other champions in a silver and black competition outfit that was good for movement. I heard a 'ppsst' and I looked up as saw that Harry heard it to, I saw him approached the side of the tent where the 'ppsst' went off again.

I knew he was talking to a friend because if it wasn't the conversation wouldn't be so friendly. The friend came through the seam of the tent and hugged Harry and I saw that it was Hermione, just as they hugged a flash went off and in came Rita talking about young love.

I knew they were just friend because of their loyalty between each other is the loyalty between friend but with his other friend it was wavering, it was still strong but being human they don't know how to apologise to each other and partly because of jealousy.

I approached them with the others.

"You have no business here" Viktor said

"This tent if for champions" I said then looked at Hermione, "and friends"

She looked at us, "No matter" Rita said, "We've got what we wanted" She continued flicking her green quill feather across Viktor's chin flirtatiously then stepped to the side as Dumbledore came in with the other headmasters/headmistresses.

"Good day champions, gather around please" Dumbledore said as we all gathered in a circle, he started talking to us until her realised Hermione was here.

"What are you doing her Miss. Granger?" Dumbledore asked

"Oh... um... sorry, I'll just go" Hermione said leaving the tent

Dumbledore then handed it off to Bertie.

"Alright, circle around me" he said then rearranged us and started with Fleur, holding out a bag, she put her hand in wincing a bit and took out a small green Dragon.

"The welsh green"

Viktor was next, he put his hand in and took out another small dragon.

"The Chinese fireball"

Cedric went next

"The Swedish short-snout"

Then it was Harry's turn

"The Hungarian horn tail"

Bertie held the bag out to me, I stuck my hand in the beg grabbing the remaining dragon and out came a pitch black dragon with blood red spikes making it look like something that came from Tartarus .

"The Roman thistle back"

"These represent five very real dragons each of which have been given a golden egg to protect, your objective is simple, collect the egg, this you must do for each egg contains a clue without witch you cannot hope to proceed to the next task... Any question." Bertie explained

"Very well. Good luck, champions" Dumbledore said, "Mr. Diggory, at the sound of the cannon, you may—"Dumbledore got cut off by Filtch setting the cannon of too soon, Cedric then went out of the tent to face his dragon.

It went Cedric, Fleur, Viktor, Harry then me, I had no idea what was going on and during Harry's match everything went silent until everyone started to cheer again for him and now... It was my turn.

I walked to the entrance to where I would fight my dragon, I stopped and surveyed the area for my dragon and I spotted it on the flat rock in the middle of the arena with a golden egg.

I took out my wand which was made out of water oak and had a core of a water infused Pegasus feather and I quickly and quietly went behind a bolder.

"Come on kelp head take the beast head on!!" I heard Thalia shout then I heard the hunters shouting in agreement.

Ok, might as well. I stepped out from behind the bolder letting the dragon see me, as soon as it did it blew red hot fire at me. I quickly dodged and shot a stun spell at the beast's eyes but it missed and it pissed the dragon off more, this time it charged at me. I quickly went to the side dogging its claws as the swiped at me, I shot another stun spell and this time I got it in its eye, the dragon seemed disorientated.

The egg was under its belly and I quickly thought up a plan and to other people they would think me crazy, the dragon charged again and this time I charged at it as well. The dragon looked a bit shocked because it didn't expect me to charge at it head on, I rolled under its belly grabbing the golden egg and running off to the side, the dragon turned to strike me with fire. I dogged it and shot another spell at its eyes and this time it was enough to make the dragon unconscious.

It was quiet for two seconds before everyone started to cheer, I held up the egg ginning my usual cheeky gin.

I came first place in the first task but who knows what the second task will be.