#5 Dates to the Ball

----Percy's POV----

"Did you hear about the yule ball" Thalia asked me

"Ye, but I have no idea who to take" I said to her

"Well I don't think any of the hunters will go out with any boy" Lola a hunter said, "We'd rather tack ourselves"

"Well Percy should take that Hermione girl" another hunter name Emma said

"Well, I don't know if she would want to go with me or not" I told them

"You're the only descent male on this planet, of course she would, and you only need to ask" Lola said snickering

"Well see" I smiled at them a bit

----Hermione's POV----

I was in study hall and Professor Snape was patrolling, I mean looking after us. I continued to do my work and partly listen to the boys talk about getting dates for the yule ball, I don't have one yet but hopefully I get one, I'm partly wanting Percy to take me because he has been so kind with the time I have spoken to him but with all the other girls around it is unlikely to happen.

"This is mad. At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates" Ron complained, Snape shoved Ron's head back to facing his own work and I hid a smirk. "Well, us and Neville"

"Yeah, but, then again, he can take himself" Harry joked back, I hate it how they do that to people but I guess everyone does it

"It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone" I told them

Ron huffed "Now I'm really depressed"

One of the twin handed Ron a note and I heard him mumble as he read 'Get a move on or all the good ones will have gone', Ron handed the note back, "Who you going with then" he asked his brother.

His brother then chucked a piece of scrunched up paper at Angelina.

"Oi, Angelina" Fred said

"What?" Angelina said

Fred then started to do movement which clearly said 'Do you wanna go to the ball with me?'

Angelina nods her head smiling while Snape was right behind her reading someone's study book.

Fred then gave his brother a 'can you do better than that' look, Ron then turned to me obviously wanting something.

"Oi, Hermione" Ron said, "You're a girl"

Harry tried to stop him from making a foul of himself but he has already dug himself into a hole he can't get out of.

"Very will spotted" I told him a bit offended

"Come with one of us" he said gesturing to Harry and him but Snape hit him over the head with a book then he did the same with Harry then walking off a bit.

"Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl, it's just sad" Ron said to me

Now I was offended, "I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone's asked me!" I snapped at them closing my book getting up and handed it to Snape, "And I said yes!" I said quickly getting my stuff and leaving.

I had no idea what to do now, I didn't have a date and if I didn't show up Ron will obviously say something about it. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and ran into someone right in the corridors and that someone grabbed me just before I was about to fall down and that would have been embarrassing.

"Are you alright?" A male's voice asked, I quickly looked up and my eyes met sea green.

"Oh, Percy I'm so sorry for running into you I wasn't paying attention to where I was going" I apologised

"It's alright, no harm done" Percy said smiling at me

"Well, thank you for not letting me fall" I thanked him and was about to go but he held my arm and I turned to him to see what he wanted.

"Hermione, can I ask you something" He asked

"Yes" I said, my heart beat went up, my hopes getting up with it.

"Well, I was wondering... If you would like to go to the Yule ball with me" Percy asked me nervously

I smiled "Of course I'll go with you" I said my mood going up because the person I wanted to go to the ball with actually asked me and out of every girl he chose me.

He smiled a lopsided smile "Then I will see you there mi 'Lady" he said playfully giving a small bow.

"And I, you" I sad back giving a small curtsy. He smiles then he continues down the corridor, when he turns the corner I did a small happy dance and practically skipped back to the common room.

----Percy's POV----

I finally asked Hermione to the ball and she said yes. When I got around the corner I jumped up and down in a victorious manner with a shit eating gin on my face.

'Now to wait for the ball'