Chapter 3

I had already given up hope, before I even stepped foot into the courtroom. When we walked into the courtroom I wanted to die.
Cho Chang was the lawyer here to persecute me. I could I look her in the eye. She thinks I killed the man she was in love with. He was on his way to meet her to tell her they could finally be together with no hiding. And she thinks I took that away from her. "Ms. H.Granger to the stand please!" I hear Kingsley Shackabolt call out. He was like a father to me after I had to obliviate my parents memories, and now he is going to send me to Azkaban. "Ms. Chang you may begin." Cho nodded to Kingsley. "Ms. Granger what were you doing last night?" Cho asked with a tearstained face and her words dripping with malice. "I was working late, when I got a surprise visit from Cormac said truthfully "Why was Cor.... He there?" She asked getting all chocked up.

"He came and surprised me with dinner, and we stated talking about our relationship and we both agreed we were better as friends." I said. "Or He thought you would be better as friends and you got angry? So angry that after he left you followed him and killed him in the alley two blocks from the Ministry Of Magic." She said her voice rising. "Of course not! We BOTH agreed. I was going to break up with him anyway, he was cheating on me with you." I blurted out. "So He was cheating on you so you wanted revenge. To make him pay for breaking your heart." She insisted. "No! We both NEEDED to break up. When we got together we were both grieving over the war. We helped each other. Last night we both came to our senses and realized that it was time to move on." I raised my voice. I hadn't looked at our situation like that until now and it was true. "We all know how much aggressive miss.

Hermione Granger has gotten through the war. It's as if something inside her logical mind snapped and last night she hit her breaking point." Cho pointed out a scary glint in her eye. "No further questioning Minister." She says walking back to her desk. I am ushered to a chair behind a desk on the other side of the room where I sit until I hear,

"Defendant rise for the verdict." I rise from the chair and my heart drops when I hear the words Kingsley speaks, "I find the defendant guilty, her sentence will be a lifetime in Azkaban in the Death Eater/Killer Wing. Take her away." I had no reason to live if I was going to be in Azkaban for the rest of my life. Then all of a sudden I realized; I didn't do it. Everyone will continue to think I did it unless I find out who really killed Cormac. I waited for my best chance to escape which was when we are about to go into a tunnel that connects with Azkaban but it is also outside the ministry so I can apparate. When we reach that point I kick and punch the arours holding me and it gives me just enough time to apparate without them grabbing me. And in that moment I know two
things; I am free and I will find out who is framing me.