Chapter 9

Yaku always thought that writing letters was an interesting thing to do, yet he never had a chance to.

He took his feather and dipped into thick black ink, before slowly writing the letter to Lev.

"Okay.. Let's do this.." Yaku said as he let his hand move by itself. It moved swiftly across the paper. Ah, Yaku had such an amazing handwriting, the whole kingdom praised him for it.

Once he was finished, he made sure to carefully put it in an envelope and handed it to Kuroo.

"Make sure this is delivered to Haiba Lev this evening" he said, Kuroo nodded and set out to the kingdom himself.

He was glad that Yaku found someone like that, being friends with another prince meant that they won't be enemies in the future. Oh, Kuroo had no idea what was truly happening.

The letter did arrive at the evening and Lev practically tore it open.

"Haiba Lev,

I'm writing in regard of your letter to me. Do we have to be so formal? I'm really glad that you proposed this idea, sending letters is awfully fun, don't you think?

I think we should send eachother as many letters as we can, we should also meet up. Official meeting are, of course, a good thing, but for you I'm willing to sneak out.

Send me a letter back with your thoughts, okay?

Yaku Morisuke"

Lev was in such a good mood because of Yaku's letter that he even agreed to attend a meeting with generals, which kinda shook the king.

He couldn't wait till Yaku will receive his reply, after all, these were small steps that Lev was willing to make in order to get closer to Yaku's heart.

~~

"Yaku,

Let's not be formal, I mean we're friends and friends don't do that. Sneaking out is fun and I completely agree to do so.

You should get this letter by morning, at least I hope you do, so if you could, maybe be could meet up at 5 PM at the Yaku kingdom's gates? I'll be there!

On anothet note, I want these letters to be personal, not just discussing these kinds of matters. I want to know more about you, I want to know what kind of person you really are.

Best wishes,
Haiba Lev"

~~

"Yaku, how long will you be out?" Kuroo asked as he watched Yaku fix his simple shirt.

"Dunno, not for too long, I'll be back by supper for sure" Yaku said. He turned to Kuroo and smiled at him. Isn't it great to have a butler who keeps your secrets away from anyone else?

With Kuroo's help Yaku sneaked out of the kingdom and from the royal grounds, the gates were open because of travelling merchants and Yaku managed to pass the crowd and get to the other side.

"Yaku!" he heard someone call him. He turned his head to the left and saw Lev's head peeking out the corner, he quickly rushed there.

"Be a bit more quiet!" Yaku said. He hugged Lev and shoved a letter into his hands.

"I thought that it's pointless to send it to you, if I'm meeting you anyway" Yaku smiled at Lev.

They both took a route through a forest, enjoying the nature. They talked a lot about their childhoods.