The Strongest Pair- Pt. 4

Before I even begin to continue this story, maybe I should introduce myself a bit. After all, you're probably thinking, "Why are we hearing this story when we don't know much about one of the main characters?" Blame the person telling the story, not me. I'm assuming you know my height, age, and appearance. And that I've known Shizuo since middle school. There's really nothing to explain about me. I'm sure you all are wondering about the 'desk-welcome' and the old constant bickering between me and Shizuo.

Well, the desk incident was out of pure timing that I walked into the classroom...

12 years earlier... 3rd Person POV

"Your classroom is right down the hall, miss." (F/n) looked at the paper in her hand before nodding and walking out of the office. She stuck her hands in her jacket pocket, with her hood up. I can't believe I'm actually going to a real school. I like being homeschooled, but maybe I'll get more of a chance to clobber people here. Glancing up, (F/n) realized she nearly missed her class and walked in the door. She hadn't even made it halfway across the room before a desk came flying at her.

"LOOK OUT!" Somebody shouted at her, but (F/n) caught the desk by the edge, trapping her small self in the legs. The whole class, even the one who threw it, stared wide eyed. (F/n) had no hint of surprise, or fear, or anger. She simply carried the desk back and set it back in it's place before softly saying, "If you're going to throw things, then actually aim for the person, not next to them." Then, (F/n) sat in the empty seat next to the brown haired boy.

The teacher looked from this new girl to the boy, to the girl. "I-I... U-Uh... Who are-" "(F/n) (L/n). Got a problem?" She didn't seem to be a rebel, but she obviously didn't interact with people much. "O-Of course not. Could you introduce yourself loud enough for the class, please?" (F/n) narrowed her (e/c) eyes at the teacher but stood up regardless. "Once again, I'm (F/n) (L/n). Whatever you do, don't comment about my height." (F/n) sat back down and pulled out a book.

What shocked the teacher even more was that she knew the answer to every question correctly. Is this girl a genius or something? She hasn't even looked up from her book! The bell rang, and the teacher dismissed the students before leaving the class, somewhat scared of (F/n). When he was gone, (F/n) put her book away and stood up before standing in front of the boy from earlier. He looked up, surprised someone approached him.

"What's your name?" He blinked. "Shizuo. Shizuo Heiwajima." Suddenly, (F/n) thrust her hand out with a smile. "Peaceful island and Serene Man? Ironic. You heard already, but I'm (F/n) (L/n)." Shizuo shook her hand carefully, not exactly knowing what to think about a girl who caught the desk he had thrown. "You seem interesting, Shizuo-san. I wouldn't mind facing you off one day. Ta-ta." (F/n) briskly turned around and walked out.

Although some people may have expected for us to hit it right off, that's not how it happened. Quite the opposite, actually. We began to argue back and forth about trivial things, and ended up fighting. Well, it was Shizuo throwing things and me dodging them to hit him. It seemed we'd never get along. However, and I'm not going to go into detail about this, when I was cornered and nearly kidnapped by some gangs, Shizuo saved me and asked to be friends.

And let me warn you. We both absolutely detest Izaya Orihara.

Well, who likes talking about the past?

It's been more then half a year, almost a year, since the Yellow Scarves incident, and currently, there's been a new biker gang around... I think they stopped attacking, though.

Surprise was probably the emotion in the air in the large private room of Russian Sushi. Kadota and his group, Shinra, Celty, and Tom were all seated at one large table. Oh, I forgot to mention Shizuo. He was the one who had everyone come at one place at one time. Obviously, (F/n) was not aware of the purpose of this meeting.