3. You Never Thought Twice About It 💗

I woke up because of the loud ring that was currently coming from the direction where my phone was lying. Groaning I picked it up and switched off the alarm. I sat up and stretched myself when memories of last night flooded through my mind. I wanted to scream but I stopped myself. I brushed my teeth and stood in the hot shower and thought again whether I was doing the right thing .

I told him that I would be moving out today but I had no plans of moving out. I should find a proper job or a at least a good hostel for me to check in.

I quickly came out of the bathroom and slowly went to see what Ishan was doing. He was doing something in the kitchen and I was sure that he is going to do something that would be delicious.

He turned around and smiled. Oh my god! Why does this handsome husband of mine always smile like that? It never fails to send sparks of electricity down my spine. I know him for about four years now and I am still not used to this. His eyes were swollen like he had been crying the whole night. At least he still cares about us. He will do anything for the person he loves, but the question is, does he truly love me ?

"Earth to Siya" he said trying to hide his emotions. But Mr. Goody two-shoes does not know that his naughty wife can find out everything.

I stared at him blankly not knowing what to do, That's when my phone rang. I went to pick up the phone. It was unknown number from New York. I attended the call and waited for the caller to speak.

"Hey! Is this Siya ?" the man on the other side asked. I was already having a lot on my mind and answered him irritably " Yes, and who is this ?"

" Do you know Jace ? 10 year old boy with a beautiful face and blond hair back when you were in NYC?" he asked.

"Oh yea ! I remember him. He must be in his early twenties now. And why are you asking about him? Its been ages since I have seen him." I said.

"Ah ! Thank god. You at least remember hi-" he said cheerfully but I never allowed him to complete the sentence "Who are you exactly ? What do you want from me ? "

" You get irritated so soon! You never changed Siya. I am that boy . I mean I am Jace. I am a singer now and I am in need of a guitarist and a session singer. I was browsing online when I came across your name. Just to be sure I checked your CV and it was you. So I thought I could give you a call and see if you are interested. I never imagined you to be a guitarist."

I slowly regained my composure and answered as professionally as possible," Sorry for snapping at you like that Jace, I am facing a lot right now. I would like to take up the job. Thank you so much. And I meant no offence".

"None taken" he said. I can see him laughing the other side.

"Okay I will call you later and tell you the details" he said breaking the silence.

"Thank you once again Jace . You will never know how much this job means to me" I said sincerely.

"Stop thanking me Siya. It is my pleasure in having you work with me. And you looked beautiful in your profile. Call you later. Bye. Love you." He said and the phone went off.

It took me a few minutes to realise what he told. The first part was acceptable that is I looked beautiful but the next one was unacceptable. what the hell did he mean by telling "love you"?. I am seriously going to kill that guy when I see him. I never knew that he would become such a perv.

I put my phone down. Ishan was looking at me. "What?" I asked him.

"I love you Siya" he said with all his heart.

I wanted to hug him and tell him that I loved him too. But I dared not open my mouth. "Ishan, I got a job and I will be moving out of here. Just thought you should know" I said.

"You got a job !!!!! That's awesome Siya. I am so happy for you." He said coming and hugging me.

I moved from him when he told "Breakfast is ready".

I looked at him and smiled sweetly. He had prepared idli, sambar and some mint chutney. They smelled heavenly. The idlis were beautifully cooked and fluffy. They were big and tasted so nice.

Boys usually don't know how to cook but Ishan is different. I thought how lucky I was to have a husband like this. But I am making a stupid decision to leave him. What will he do without me? And I without him?

He doesn't even like me. I pushed away those thoughts out of my mind and called my bestie Kaira and told her what happened. She was mad at me and started shouting. She told me that I was messing up my life. She asked me not to go to New York. She also told me that Ishan loved me so much and she could see it his eyes and I was this stupid girl who thought that Ishan didn't love me. I told her to shut her mouth and also added that I was going to take up this job. I slammed my phone down. I looked at my plates and there no more idlis left. I went and washed my hands and started writing a note for Ishan. I will give it to him on the day of my departure.

After what it seemed like eternity I looked on what I have written. The note read:

Goodnight , you said;
Goodbye, I said .
And you never thought twice about it.

I felt as if I was carrying the whole world. It killed me inside to believe that Ishan didn't like me. I wanted to ask him what he was thinking but I was afraid that I would not get the reply from him that I expected.He was happy when I found a job. But was he happy that I found a job or I was going to leave the country, leaving him? And when I told him this he was very much bothered about those idlis. I cried . Cried . Cried. Why is this happening to me. I thought my life was perfect and now it is like life is laughing at me.

I looked up and saw Ishan looking at me with those eyes that I could never forget. He made a step towards me but I moved away from him saying that I needed some personal space. He looked hurt but I looked as if I never cared.

I folded the letter and kept it safely in my file hoping to see him happy. I am now counting the days we would be together.

"We were meant to fall in love with each other but never meant to be together"

These words were killing me inside and I cried like never before.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I know this chapter is quite boring but this is quite important for the upcoming chapters.

And the above mentioned breakfast is a South Indian breakfast. Siya loves Indian food especially South Indian food and so do I.

So if you happen to get a chance go grab it. They will be yummy😋

Tag me in the comment if you like South Indian food.

Edited by Ravenclawblue2000

With lots and loads of love,

Abeetha Kittu ❤️💋