Chapter 10 A Closed Door Opened

Things did not look so good for the coming week with the loss of the baby and with Jackson's paycheck came with a lay-off too. However, Jackson did not feel like he would give up with Debra's depression about the miscarriage and bills piling up against them at the moment. He had to find a job quick to survive this dilemma. He ran into Bo at the local pub and decided, 'what the hell he might just stop in a get a beer and relax even just for a drink.' O'Brien's Pub is well known to be a rough bar. It is just around the corner from the house. A place where Debra and Bonnie would not approve of but 'who cares I am the 'man of the house' and no one runs me,' Jackson thought as he walked up and sat on the stool next to Bo at the bar. Bo and he worked at the same place but in different department for years.

"Yo, Jackson, how you been," Bo says.

"Was sup Bo, did you get laid-off to today?" He replied.

"No." Bo answers.

"Well I did and I think it is really crazy." "If you ask me because they gave me no warning, either," Jackson replies.

Bo with some concern for his friend asks, "So whatcha going to do now?" Jackson with his beer in his hand looks up to Bo and says, "Duh, look for another job." Bo and Jackson look at each other and just laugh. Bo scans the room and sees a buddy of his in the back and tells Jackson 'he will be right back.' Jackson nods and continues to take a few gulps of his beer and looks up at the bartender and orders another beer.

Bo soon returns and tells Jackson, another friend, just told him about a place; he just got hired from but it is a piece away from Jackson's house. Jackson perks up and says, "Where is it at?" Bo tells Jackson where the place is when a fight breaks out in the back hall towards the bathrooms.

Both Bo and Jackson gulp down their brews and head for the front door. Just as they leave the area of the window, "CRASH!" Jolted by the sudden clash of broken glass; they whip around to see two figures rustling around on the ground like two school boys beating on each other. "Man, I'd hate to see their faces in the morning, Bo says." Laughter bellowing from Jackson's stomach, "Yeah, for whatever it is worth; it must have lead to some girls skirt tails!"

Bo peers upward and sees clouds forming and says to Jackson, "Looks like rain and I can feel it in my bones, too." Bo and Jackson walk down toward Jackson's home and he hands over a piece of scrap paper that has the information on it. Jackson peers at it long enough to put in it in his jean pocket.

Both arrive at the corner when they spot a figure at the window of Jackson's home peering in. Bo looks at him and motions a sign to tell him, 'he will go toward the back' and 'creep up on the figure in the darkness at the front.' As Jackson moves closer to the front of his house towards the creeper as a rolling fog starts to settle in as it starts to appear around the house. The figure still trying to peer into the house at someone as Jackson soon became enraged at this peeping tom.

'SNAP!'

The figure looks quickly, toward the back of the house and bolts down the small yard, where he met Jackson.

Swinging into a body slam, Jackson gets the intruder to the ground. The darkness makes it hard to see who is who as Bo leaps over the fence toward Jackson and the creeper. In a mirage of twist and turns, Jackson loses his grip on him. Bo runs toward the figure and gains ground as the figure disappears down the street into the fog. Jackson is found huffing and puffing as the air escapes his lungs.

Jackson hears footsteps from Bo's shoes as he asks "Are you alright?" 'Man, he got away." "It is like he had super shoes. He took off like he was running for his life and then I heard no sound." "I looked around and nothing but tail lights screaming away from me."